ComputerDoctor

Sailboat project in the works:)

I used to have a Sailboat in a private slip in a Marina in Ventura, California and I thought I'd try constructing one from memory using all Leather and a Chinese 'chop stick,' for the Main Mast, Boom and Bowsprit. It isn't anywhere near to an accurate scale and making miniature rigging pieces is impossible for me. It does have a 'Dagger board' and Rudder. Nothing was water formed, I just used clamps and 'super glue' and some hammer forming and bending. I have to apply the different colors and build a 'stand' of some kind and then I'll show some more pictures. As usual to bring a thought into a design and fashion something into fruition is very time consuming---but fun:) It is approximately 12 inches long and 4 1/2 wide.

Sam

IMG_2233.jpg

Outstanding! Now I'm thinking about making a model of my airplane out of leather...

I spent quite a bit of time in the Ventura area in the '60's. I couldn't go back, though.

Jeff

Well the Sailboat is finished. I am making an all leather stand that should be ready soon:)IMG_2290.JPG.4bcf3b5d43f98fd805d203b2f5e53dbf.JPGIMG_2286.JPG.fb2ad773b0ad852f991af761c0b9be20.JPGIMG_2288.JPG.6c301209c08f64d193eb0c4da1bb0d0c.JPGIMG_2287.JPG.6f8c25e04ee627d8981088fe0b772ee8.JPGIMG_2289.JPG.d1534ec097253edf7414c17fc59682a8.JPG

NIce! What's next, the USS Constitution? 

That's great, but is she sea worthy? Arrrghhhhhh!!!!

I've visited the USS Constitution and a replica of that made out of Cow flesh may be a little too much:)

Biker, it would probably float until the leather go soft, caved in and down it would go:)

Sam

Garrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!

I only mention the USS Connie because one of the crew on the USCGC Rush in the '70's was making a very large model of the Connie, and one night in rough seas we all heard a crash, yep, it had gone down, as it were. Plastic pieces everywhere. He carried it out to the rail in tears, and gave it a burial at sea. He was almost done with the model, when it went down.

The most complex, detailed model I'd ever seen.

Leather would not have shattered like that! 

Jeff

Finished :)

Sam

IMG_2315.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

Great! The waves are a nice touch.

Jeff