Carnivore

My first attempt at making a bi-fold wallet

5ace97ef679a7_bi-foldwallet.thumb.jpg.b654d6454c23c4b1181037b364907697.jpg

I struggled a bit punching the holes for the stitching due to the over- all thickness but over all I am pleased with the finished product. Hopefully I will  get better with experience.

wallet 2.jpg

wallet 3.jpg

Nice job for your first wallet.  Stitching is a bit too close to the bottom edge, suggest you leave a larger border, layout and stitch and then trim the excess.  This will make it easier to punch the holes and stitch in a straight line.  When you get too close to the edge your punch or awl can veer off toward the unsupported edge.  

Please include type of leather, thread, and dye/finish in your description - nice to know what everyone is using in their projects.

Look forward to seeing more of your projects!

Gary

Pretty darned good for a first attempt.  Nice creases on the slots.  The stitching will come in time.  Heed the wise advice above regarding getting too close to the edge.  You can always trim later, but if you are too close to begin with you can't fix it.

Isn't it cool to make a perfectly useable wallet by hand?  Keep it up!

Wow man you nailed the pockets nicely!! I say for a first attempt you are to be commended!!

Other guys have already mentioned the stitching and while it is very close to the edge it was well done. I will offer one silly thought that jumps at me. Your wolf.

IMHO It might have been more effective putting him in the lower left corner so he were howling into the empty space than it is plopping him in the middle of the space with no other context. Its an art thing though so ... subjective!

G'day eh! from another Canuck,

Excellent first go at it. All I can suggest is to carry on a crease on the outside piece in lien with the stitches... its just my thing and not a deal breaker at all.

And I like Borique's idea about position the wolf to be down left and howling up to the heavens! still not a deal breaker on great first go at it.