c6farm

Champion patcher sewing machine

I bought a consew sewing machine from a retired gentleman today.  He threw in this Champion patcher machine as well. Does anyone have any info on these? I can't find anything online. 

20180423_200440__1524533870_192.208.171.226.jpg

20180423_200450__1524533935_192.208.171.226.jpg

that appears to be a relabeled Dürkopp 17 or clone of the Dürkopp 17 patcher machine but with some minor differences as it seems.

EDIT:

Very similar, right?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Durkopp-CL-17-1-1-maquina-de-coser-cuero-/221318641802?_ul=BO&nma=true&si=qvSEY96ksSGHRWc0Gy1AovuZNWc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by Constabulary

Yes, very similar.

Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 7.36.36 AM.png

Edited by Uwe

I bought a durkopp 17 and promptly broke my only needle.  I can't find where or what type of needle to buy for my machine.  If you have any info that would be great!

Thanks,

Jacob

Class 17 usually takes the System 88 needles - some take 332 LONG. Both needles have the same length but slightly different shank diameter. I would first try System 88 needles. Do not take 88x1 needle thats a different needle.

https://www.thethreadexchange.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=NDL-88

http://www.shoesystemsplus.com/Claes-Model-30-Needles-10-per-pack_p_353.html

Edited by Constabulary

Uwe, I see a  pile of little parts....  I need the screw that holds the bobbin carrier in place, and bobbins.  Needles too, but Constabulary posted a source there.   This machine worked fine until I diddled around and lost the screw.  I should have just let oil dribble in but thought I'd keep the area clear if I took out the carrier.... The bobbin shown does not fit, by a smidgen.  The little cup shaped thing I think is not related, or is it?    Yes, those are rifle cases and a nice buffalo robe.  And the wooden flat table that fits on the arm.

Thank you, and God bless.

image.jpeg

Durkopp 17-1 001.JPG

I don't actually have one of those Dürkopp 17 machines, nor do I have parts for it, sorry! The picture I posted was just one that I found online to illustrate how the machines are indeed similar. 

Well, Rats!  Does anyone else out here have bobbins and that silly little screw?

God bless

c6Farm, 

This machine was built in the 1920's .   I have 6 Durkopp patchers to rebuild.  What are you looking for?   It was a close copy of a Durkopp but with some differences.

I would need to see more pics of your machine. Does it have a hook?

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher
grammar

Can u help me identify what I have here? I'm new to the big boy machines and I need all the help I can get...

Screenshot_20200505-122309.thumb.png.5a7abcf16eeff23d991d609ae92bac2d.png

1 hour ago, TracyLeona said:

Can u help me identify what I have here? I'm new to the big boy machines and I need all the help I can get...

Screenshot_20200505-122309.thumb.png.5a7abcf16eeff23d991d609ae92bac2d.png

Your photo is showing the back side of the machine. We need to see the front to identify the make and model. Take a close-up showing just the head, in sharp detail. Look for a tag with a model, or a manufacturer and photograph it.

Aside from that, all I can say is you have a patch machine on a treadle stand.

From the oval shaped part of the foot treadle it's a Durkopp.  The parts on the top line are Durkopp as well.  Mine is sitting about ten feet from me right now.

God bless

I have several pix of the head, but this site won't let me post them because they are too big-

Looks like a Dürkopp 17.

You have to reduce the file size to post pictures to lets say 1200 x 800 pixel or so per picture. max total file size per post is 1.46MB (meaning all picture together 1.46MB)

Edited by Constabulary

Is this any better?

9816.jpeg

And if it is a 17, I have found a owners manual, but in German...

Hello ,

I have  a Dürkopp CL17-1-0 and I finisched oiling and cleaning...i just have to adjust the timinghook...becouse he is not taking up the bobbinthread...

I have an owners manual in German, but there is no explication about the adjusting of hooktiming..does anyone have that information.

Greetings Brigitte

can we see pics of it please.

glenn