Sign in to follow this  
The_RealScott

Introduction

Hi Everyone!

Wow it looks like there's some people with amazing tallent and skills here!

I just thought I'd introduce myself since I just signed up. I'm from Melbourne, Australia, and I don't know anything about leatherworking, but I'm searching for information to get me started. Actually, I was surprised that there isn't more infomation on the web (perhaps I'm just not looking in the right places!) At the moment, I'm mostly interested in attempting a book cover or a kind of journal cover/folder. There seems to be even less info on the net about leather bookbinding (... but plenty of businesses that will do it for you!)

Cheers,

Scott.

Welcome to the board.

Welcome, Scott!

Hi Everyone!

Wow it looks like there's some people with amazing tallent and skills here!

I just thought I'd introduce myself since I just signed up. I'm from Melbourne, Australia, and I don't know anything about leatherworking, but I'm searching for information to get me started. Actually, I was surprised that there isn't more infomation on the web (perhaps I'm just not looking in the right places!) At the moment, I'm mostly interested in attempting a book cover or a kind of journal cover/folder. There seems to be even less info on the net about leather bookbinding (... but plenty of businesses that will do it for you!)

Cheers,

Scott.

G'Day, Scott!

My farrier is from Melbourne, and he says Melbourne is the most beautiful city in Australia. I intend to check that out someday.

I have covered a few books/notebooks/photo albums. Perhaps I could help you out with that. Do you perfer to have a removeable cover over a hard bound book, or do you want to make it a permanent type of cover, glued to a cardboard stiffener? If you are new, the removeable one might be a better choice for now. Give me an idea of what you have in mind, and I'll do what I cn to help.

Welcome aboard! Join us in the chat room Saurday night. I guess for you it's Sunday afternoon!

Kathy

Welcome! Gettin' crowded here, another scot ... lol!

Check Puget Sound~ Co-op web Rawhide Gazette, link below. Go into the Pulic Index. They've discussed book binding more than once. Go with time on your hands. There's a wealth of info there. At the least I think you'll get good ideas.

http://www.pslac.org/

http://www.pslac.org/public/01_jan07.pdf

Oi Romey, Who Taught you to say Oi

Barra

welcome scott to the leatherworkers.net

Hi Scott,

I've just joined the forums too. Bookbinding is my hobby and I've done some webpages about it which might interest you. They're not intended as tutorials, but there's still quite a lot of detail. One of the reasons I put them together was because, as you say, there doesn't appear to be a lot online.

The best site I've come across for detailed information is www.aboutbookbinding.com

Barra,

I had some wrecks with more then one Aussie lass. :biggrin: I think i was made honorary Aussie in 91. If I didnt love my country so much Id have probably married and be living in Oz as we speak but I was a bit to wild and pretty and didnt know what was good for me at the time :whistle:

Ann welcome to the forum!

Edited by Romey