PJ234

Tutorial or tips for wrap around panel on IWB a la Sparks Versa Max?

Its a Tippmann  Aerostitch which I acquired in a state of,neglect. Of course, it seemed to work fine on a couple of short test runs before I bought it, and has run pretty well on practice scraps too, but chokes on real stuff. I'm diagnosing several leaks currently with the help of a Tippmann, and will likely be replacing a few parts. 

Would have loved to have gotten a nice electric machine, but can neither justify or afford one. 

Hey, good deal on WORKING trumps shiny any day ;)

Just need to put on some belt loops and the finishing touches; hopefully the next one will be a bit more refined.  Thanks again very much for the help JLS!

A40M9q6.jpg

YEAH - that's the ticket, rot cheer boy ;)  Next one -- TAKE PICS at stages while ya go, and I'll turn it ina pdf fer ya B)

Untitled-1.jpg

Just fer easing my obsessions, I would run the front stitch line on up.  Keep 'er tight to the contour ya made with the cutout.

Complete now.  Going to test it out to see how it works, and then make a new one with any needed changes (and hopefully fewer mistakes!)

Edited by PJ234

20 hours ago, PJ234 said:

then make a new one with any needed changes (and hopefully fewer mistakes!)

And pics of the various stages of work ??!@! :innocent:

Just curious, did you use different thread to sew the holster, the thread looks different color and size from side to side?

Todd

18 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

And pics of the various stages of work ??!@! :innocent:

Yessir

8 minutes ago, Hildebrand said:

Just curious, did you use different thread to sew the holster, the thread looks different color and size from side to side?

Todd

No sir, all the same.  The differences in stitch appearance are before and after troubleshooting my machine with Tippmann, and the color differences are due to dyeing.  I've always dyed at the very end in the leather work I've done up to this point...this time I was experimenting with dyeing in-process.  Here is the finished product:

7hBFFNx.jpg