KapnK

Bobbin freewheels on winder.

Consew 206rb-1. Typical belt driven winder. Winder drive wheel and shaft spin fine. What locks the bobbin to the shaft? Do I just need to spread the slot in the winder shaft to give it some interference? M bobbins. This is my first machine and just got everything together. Can't get past this. Watched the youtube videos but it just slips where they don't in the videos. 
Thanks,
Steve

Put the blade of a screwdriver in the slot at the end, twist slightly until you feel resistance when placing the bobbin on the shaft.

Ferg

Although I am not familiar with the Consew machine, it may be like the Singers which I use in this. 

Check the shaft of the Bobbin winded and see if there is a little pin on it.  If so, this pin goes into a little slot on a radius from the centre of the bobbin.  This slot / pin relationship stops the bobbin from spinning on the winder shaft.

Many modern bobbins do not have the little slot for the pin, so they spin on the shaft.

Although spreading the shaft will work, it is not ideal.  If your bobbin winder does have the pin, then seek out bobbins which have the slot - this will be a much better solution for you and your machine.

I have a trick to pass along to people with loose bobbins on bobbin winder shafts. Feed the thread stub through a hole in the inside of the bobbin, then tuck it through the center post to the front. Find a position where the thread is in direct contact with the shaft, not the split area, and push the bobbin all the way in. This locks the starting thread stub in place and helps keep the bobbin from freewheeling.

That's a nice trick,

i learn something every day on this forum,

thank you so much for al your posts!

(4332 says your profile)