superpacker

Slim Briefcase Pattern Wanted

I'd like to make a briefcase and need help finding a pattern. I'm not trying to make something big and overbuild like a Saddleback bag, rather, I'm looking for something really minimal and slim, just enough to to carry maybe a note pad and an ipad, maybe a few other little odds and ends. Maybe either a zipper closure or a single buckle or lock, not multiple straps and buckles. I've seen patterns online for the Saddleback style bags, but nothing online like this. If anyone has anything like this, or has seen one, can you please share the pattern or a link to purchase the pattern? Thanks!

Edited by superpacker

Al Stohlman's "Leather Cases vol II" has several brief case patterns, and a lot more.

I also used the Andersen pattern, at least for inspiration.  I actually made my own pattern after studying his and modified it some to meet my personal needs.  Worked fine for me.  I think that is something you might consider.