VinnieAndy

Techsew GA5-1 Timing issue?

I just purchased a used Techsew GA5-1. I am pretty sure I have threaded it correctly. My problem is, is that the top thread is not snagging the bobbin thread. So as I try to sew my leather, I get the holes but nothing threads! (Dont worry, using scrap first!!)

Any info and help would be great! Not much on the internet about these bad boys!

if you look up singer 45k on the net the GA5 is a copy of that. check to see if your needle is in the right way first. or it may also be a wrong combination of needle and thread size?

Edited by jimi

3 hours ago, VinnieAndy said:

I just purchased a used Techsew GA5-1. I am pretty sure I have threaded it correctly. My problem is, is that the top thread is not snagging the bobbin thread. So as I try to sew my leather, I get the holes but nothing threads! (Dont worry, using scrap first!!)

Any info and help would be great! Not much on the internet about these bad boys!

Have you thought about contacting Techsew for assistance? They had ad banners on top of every page on our forums. They also have a toll free phone number. It might be quicker to handle it with them than otherwise.

This topic about timing a Singer 45K may provide some good background information and a few things to check on your GA5:

On 22/05/2018 at 4:11 PM, VinnieAndy said:

Hi there, I know you were in touch with us yesterday - feel free to give us a call for assistance!

Ron