I like the gun and the holster!  Only comment is, I think it would look better if the flap followed the outline of the holster - to me it looks out of proportion to the actual holster, but this is my personal opinion!  What type leather, stitching did you use?

Gary

Very Nice,really like the red interior.Hand stitching was hard?? One day I will make one,one day

On ‎3‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 2:59 AM, garypl said:

I think it would look better if the flap followed the outline of the holster

I tend to agree with @garypl, but then again, maybe the wider footprint makes the holster sit better when being worn. Either way, a great job.

This is exactly the design I chose for one of my first bold steps into the world of leather decoration!

Your holster is undoubtedly far better made and looks a whole lot better!   BUT mine bears the scars of the countless showdowns my son had to fight out with his toy gun!

(Seriously, it is outright embarassing to look at it now).

IMHO the Stohlman design is quite elegant but needs careful alignment of holster and skirt. And there is always wiggle room for adjustment.

stohlman 02.jpg

stsohlman 01.jpg

You did Mr. Stohlman proud!  I am familiar with the design very unique skirting, I like it.  Your hand stitching is well done.  If you get a sewing machine whatever you do don't stop hand sewing your gunleather.  Use the machine for other stuff, well done hand sewn saddle stitched gunleather is in demand.  Your carving is very good too.