Hi I'm very new to working leather, like I don't even have any tools yet. I have been given a bag of sofa leather off cuts. I wondered if anyone had any ideas of what to do with it. My goal in leather work is to make wallets craved with my tattoo designs. While I know I'm a long way off from that and this leather isn't right for craving. Could I use it for wallet interiors? 

Thanks in advance any help would be greatly appreciated 

Depending on the thickness you can make wallets, many sorts of bags including Tote bags or mix with veg tan (you can buy small pieces on Amazon or Ebay high cost per square foot but cheaper than buying say a half shoulder)

Typically, anything over 1mm thick is too thick for interiors.  You might be able to split it down to the right thickness, depending on what you have, but its hard to say.  Choosing the proper leather for projects goes a LONG way in making them look good.  Welcome to the madness!

2 hours ago, chrisash said:

Depending on the thickness you can make wallets, many sorts of bags including Tote bags or mix with veg tan (you can buy small pieces on Amazon or Ebay high cost per square foot but cheaper than buying say a half shoulder)

Thanks, I think it 0.8mm but unsure at the moment. I think I might try and make an interior with at the least least it will give me some stitching experience. Gonna have to order a few tools first tho 

2 hours ago, immiketoo said:

Typically, anything over 1mm thick is too thick for interiors.  You might be able to split it down to the right thickness, depending on what you have, but its hard to say.  Choosing the proper leather for projects goes a LONG way in making them look good.  Welcome to the madness!

Thanks I think its 0.8mm, i could just use it to work on my stitching. Even if it doesn't work out it's all learning, right?

Then it should work just fine.  Thin leather will teach you delicate stitching, for sure!