Railrider1920

Swivel Knife blade profile question

Hi folks,

I found out that a friend has a couple of swivel knives he will sell me pretty cheap. They are not the typical knife blade profile though. They cut ridges instead of a single cut line. The saddle is adjustable. They look like they have been around for quite a while. The "blade" profiles look kind of like this:

20180716_121258.jpg

Has anyone ever seen a blade profile like this? Think they are worth getting? Sorry, I don't have any actual pictures of them yet.

Those are for creating borders.  They can be handy, but they can be a bitch to run.  There are easier and more reliable ways to create borders, but if the price is right, go for it.  You might like them!

Thought it might be something like that. $10 each. Might get one and put a blade in it, they are adjust  where the one I have now isnt. Thanks Mike.

Before you do that, you might want to ask what the "other end' of the blade looks like.  might be a one off and blades could be made separately.  not all blades fit all knives.  I have a couple of those creaser blades, but never found them easy to work, so I gave up on them.