aroh99

Burnisher attachments

Does anyone know where I can buy a burnisher attachment?  either to attach to a grinder or dremel tool.  I am looking for a quality attachment I wont have to constantly have to replace.  Thanks in advance. 

See the source image

I bought one on Amazon for cheap, fits in a Dremel, and seems to work well.

I bought a brass one from a Chinese seller on ebay

1 hour ago, aroh99 said:

Does anyone know where I can buy a burnisher attachment?  either to attach to a grinder or dremel tool.  I am looking for a quality attachment I wont have to constantly have to replace.  Thanks in advance. 

See the source image

I have one for a dremel, but find the small arbor is easily bent and vibrates like the devil.

Search YouTube for - 'Armitage Leather Tools Leather Burnisher'

Or you could ask around your neighbourhood for a wood turner or a wood turning club and get them to make exactly what you want. That sort of thing is meat & drink to them, they'll love it

Edited by zuludog

Thank for they replies. I wasn't sure if I should by the ones I saw on amazon or ebay. if they work for you guys im sure it will work for me as well. thanks for the help.

On 21/08/2018 at 1:59 PM, zuludog said:

Search YouTube for - 'Armitage Leather Tools Leather Burnisher'

Second this, I use this a lot and it works really well if you’re going for a flatter edge rather than a fully rounded one. Does take a little breaking in, and sometimes it gets a bit clogged with wax and that’s a pain to get out of the smaller grooves. Then again maybe I should use less damn wax!

I purchased a Dremel type from www.proedgeburnishers.com

They make all variety of burnishers from Dremel size up to large sizes.

Chief Jason and Ed in Tx I have been looking at Pro Edge Burnishers and was wondering if you guys would mind sharing which burnishers you use for your various projects.  My apologies for high jacking your thread aroh99.

I have the 1/2-5/8 motor shaft version from pro-edge. It is mounted on a motor that is too fast. I keep planning to put it on something slower, but haven't yet. 

That being said, it is a very nice professionally built tool.

8 hours ago, Steve75 said:

Chief Jason and Ed in Tx I have been looking at Pro Edge Burnishers and was wondering if you guys would mind sharing which burnishers you use for your various projects.  My apologies for high jacking your thread aroh99.

I have the hole master for my drill press and the round hand burnisher for molding holsters.  The large end is great.  I also use it for any edges that are not dyed.  I've had both for a number of years with no problems.  

Thanks for sharing chiefjason.  I appreciate the insight.

I got this set on Amazon. I've used the longer one a lot over the last year. I've never even taken the shorter one out of the package. It's handy for doing the edges and flat parts of straps and even some larger sections. You do have to be mindful of friction heat though. If you can see the groove near the tip, that was from letting it sit too long in a hole for a thong. A wiff of smoke and suddenly there was a permanent groove. I still use it all the time though. If it breaks I'm certainly getting another one.

IMG_20180904_175903.jpg