SonderingSusan

european suppliers of hardware and dyes

hey Everyone,

I was wondering would anyone know of any good european suppliers of hardware and dye? The UK apparently have a law about not sending oil dye in the post so i can't get it sent to me in ireland. Im wondering are there any other companies in europe that sell oil dye . Im looking to buy a 32 oz one. Tandy only have a very small one or a lot bigger one. IT was leProvo who said they would not send it to me btw .....

Any / all suggestions welcome !

thanks!

I think it may be hazardous substances shipping regulations that's the issue here. Not specifically a UK law but the Royal Mail doesn't really "do" hazardous freight, which is how they keep their prices only slightly exorbitant. They leave the more difficult jobs to their freight arm, Parcel Farce, which is far more expensive. Fiebings Pro (used to be called Oil, confusingly) has a high VOC solvent base, which means that the shipping company has to take special precautions.

Have you tried Abbey? They do the big bottles of Fiebing, though they say that it can't be shipped to "some" countries, presumably for the same reasons. It's worth a ring or email to find if they'll ship to Ireland. They have accounts with several big couriers so there's a good chance that they can.

Both Rickert Werkzeuge and Der Ledermacher in Germany carry fiebings and a wide variety of other products.  Both have comprehensive websites as well.  Check them out.  I order from Greece all the time.