Sheilajeanne

Here's To You, Bill!

Sad, sad day...I just found out the man who gave me my start in this wonderful hobby has passed away. He worked at the Tandy store in Barrie, Ontario, and was the one who taught their classes. He was an older man, and in a lot of pain due to arthritis in his hips. He walked with a cane, and obviously had trouble moving around, but still came to work faithfully and still taught the classes.

He was very generous with his help and advice to newbies. Whenever you asked the staff a difficult question, they'd often say, "That's a Bill question...you'll have to ask him!"

He will be greatly missed. :(

Very sorry to hear this SJ. :( 

Another chunk of knowledge gone. At least he got you hooked before he left us! :) 

Sorry, Sheila.

Pass it on for him.

A number of people who knew him are upset at how little recognition his passing was given. His obituary gives nothing but his name and the year of his birth and death.

So, we're thinking of planning a get-together in his honour.  

Dammit, Bill, you SO deserve better than that one-line obit!!  :(  You gave SO much to so many people over the years!

Oh, and I was shocked to find out he was 4 years younger than me! [sigh]  I guess smoking has claimed another victim...:(

Edited by Sheilajeanne

Yeah, that is a shame. He sounds like a good dude. I hope you all are able to give him a good send off.