Hello, this is a sling I finished today, built to customer specs. 6 oz veg tan dyed brown, has cartridge loops with retention flaps to hold four 20 ga cartridges and seven .22 LR cartridges to fit a 20 ga/22 lr combo gun. QD swivels and gun metal snaps/buckle with copper rivets and hand stitching. Pretty pleased with how it turned out.  

20180927_182650 (640x480).jpg20180927_182700 (640x480).jpg

20180927_182737 (640x480).jpg

Edited by PossumHollow

Very nice, I like the loops an covers.

I Like this a lot!  I just finished a stock sleeve for my single-shot 20 ga, which I made so I could grab it and not have to sort through 12 ga and 20 ga shells.  (Darn crows, anyway!)  This looks WAY better, although I wouldn't use a sling on the shotgun, but I can see where it would come in handy on a combination piece such as you describe.

Good looking sling! I do wonder though, having the extra weight out there forward like that how it'll affect sway and fatigue.

That is slick and sure looked like it was for a small game over under. Well executed.

I like it!

Just for curiosity sake, how many hours do you estimate you have in this project?

Gary

45 minutes ago, garypl said:

I like it!

Just for curiosity sake, how many hours do you estimate you have in this project?

Gary

Too many! LOL Just a rough guesstimate would be around 7 hrs including the design process and template making, I should have kept track but I am terrible about such things. Future ones will not take nearly as long since I now have the design figured out, templates made and I now know the best order of assembly and such.

Thank you all for the comments all. The customer had a shotgun shell carrying sling on the gun already but the loops were failing and he was losing his cartridges in the field so he is used to the weight and balance. Someone unaccustomed to it I'm sure it might take a little getting used to?