David

Back to my tattoo artwork

Dave, My Man!,

I Love it!!!! It's so awesome, I'm working on saddle bags for a build my old man's doing. He wants just dragons but I've been trying to convince him to let me put in a koi. I can't wait to show him your masterpiece. I love it!

My husband came back from the Cincinnati show with a camera full of bike seats. They were all yours, brilliant!

Shirley

Dave, My Man!,

I Love it!!!! It's so awesome, I'm working on saddle bags for a build my old man's doing. He wants just dragons but I've been trying to convince him to let me put in a koi. I can't wait to show him your masterpiece. I love it!

My husband came back from the Cincinnati show with a camera full of bike seats. They were all yours, brilliant!

Shirley

Shirley,

Thanks so much for the compliment....It really means a lot coming from someone with your talent.....I saw a seat of yours....the one for the vintage Indian, I believe it was at the Kiwi exhibit.....It looked great.

I'm still morning that show as I had two seats "grow legs"....it was an expensive show for me. The seat with the girl seated backwards on the "angry chair" and my "dragon" seat apparently found new homes.

What do you think of my question above? I'd value your opinion.

Dave

Edited by David

Hi David,

In my honest opinion, as much as I love your braiding, on this one NO! The tooling is awesome, and the braid will draw the eye away from it. I say that because your braiding is pretty damn near perfect, so it does demand attention. Let your artwork sell the seat, it's totally enough!

Shirley

leave it alone - unless your going fat daddy pimp style...

steveb

No, it's too much,

Art

Question for everyone who cares to express an opinion

Should I put an extra edge of lacing around the front and back of the seat like this?

I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks.

Thanks for taking time to respond

Dave Theobald

I think you have your answere Dave. Man I need to make more seats....I would love to get them as clean as yours and Shirleyz's and the others here.

can you make me a seat like that?.....and buy me a motorcycle to put it on......and do all that for free preferably?

extremely sweet seat!

Count me in on the free motorcycle, an Indian Chief would be nice but I would settle for a Scout.... and I would even pay for the seat!

Well, that was a pretty definitive poll. Guess she goes to the show without the lacing....thanks to all, I'll post more pics as I go. About those free seats.....right.....and the free bikes......uh huh.....as for the Indian and such......contact shirleyz.....she is our local Indian expert. Saw one of hers last weekend and the pics do not do it justice. It was on this amazing "barn find" chief that would have made you drool Jordan. Complete with leaf type springer front end....a real classic.

Dave

Edited by David

David, IMHO, the braiding is extra.... it is not needed, but is is awesome. Especially on this one with the contrast in colors.... But no, it is not NEEDED. But I would be very proud to have my butt sitting on one of your customs!

Hey guys,

Well I secumbed to the temtation of lace on the front....but I did keep it to a minimum. It is now tied on to the seat pan and ready for some serious kangaroo lacing. I've shown various shots with and without flash.

More later.

Dave

IMG_0977.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

post-5652-1202681803_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1202681817_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1202681828_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1202681845_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1202681858_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1202681869_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1202681884_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1202681896_thumb.jpg

I love the decorative lacing you do on your seats, and the little bit you did on here looks great to me. I like the way you only did it partially around the seat so it didn't cover any of the carving. The carving also looks great. Cant wait to see it all finished.

Clay

Brother.... that is a beautifully handsome seat! the carving, the lacing....

Thanks for showing it without the full seam lacing.... gives me ideas on how to construct my my seat.

Thanks for the comments guys. Glad no one had their nose out of joint because I ingnored the poll.. I just love to lace....

Got some good news today, the seats that went missing at the convention, turned up in Arizona....the boys from SPS just packed them up and took them home with their bikes. I should get them back this week.

I'll post this thing before I stain and finish it.

Dave

Got some good news today, the seats that went missing at the convention, turned up in Arizona....the boys from SPS just packed them up and took them home with their bikes. I should get them back this week.

Thats awesome news! A mistake.... not intentional.... and they contacted you when they realized it.... very cool...

Your work just continues to inspire and teach me, David. Good news on the seats, man...

David what does one say to somthing like that, dito to al the above its totaly amazing, i was just thinking how cool that would look with reds blues and green colors, Don

Thanks for all the supportive comments guys....this has been a long project for me. All the tie downs are gone now and the edge lacing is completed. All that remains is to stain, antique and final finish this project....I promised I'd post this before staining and finishing so, here it is.

Thanks again,

Dave

IMG_0985.JPG

IMG_0986.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0988.JPG

IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

IMG_0991.JPG

IMG_0992.JPG

IMG_0993.JPG

post-5652-1202874113_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1202874134_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1202874153_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1202874170_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1202874189_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1202874208_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1202874230_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1202874246_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1202874258_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the supportive comments guys....this has been a long project for me. All the tie downs are gone now and the edge lacing is completed. All that remains is to stain, antique and final finish this project....I promised I'd post this before staining and finishing so, here it is.

Thanks again,

Dave

Really, really nice seat David.

I guess it helps that I do like the japanese style tattoos as well, and they do work well on leather. Looking forward to see the seat all colored and done.

Finished at last. I certainly will retake these photos in the morning when I have decent light....but I think you can get the idea. Any opinions, critiques, advice etc. always welcome.

Dave

IMG_0994.JPG

IMG_0995.JPG

IMG_0996.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

IMG_0998.JPG

IMG_0999.JPG

post-5652-1203033899_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1203033925_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1203033940_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1203033953_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1203033970_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1203033986_thumb.jpg

A real beauty that one is. Where do you find enough hours in a day to finish all those seats so fast, I tried lacing a wallet last summer and it took me 3 days.LOL Jordan

Finished at last. I certainly will retake these photos in the morning when I have decent light....but I think you can get the idea. Any opinions, critiques, advice etc. always welcome.

Dave

got to yell you dave, the antiquing really made this shine, looks very rich..great job, kind of belongs on

display rather than a bike as all your backgrounding is going to attract road grime and dirt.

I hope the person that gets it is going to take care of it the right way....it deserves some special treatment

great toolin', no foolin'

steveb

:yes: You got it going on, David! WOW!!

~J

:rockon:

got to yell you dave, the antiquing really made this shine, looks very rich..great job, kind of belongs on

display rather than a bike as all your backgrounding is going to attract road grime and dirt.

I hope the person that gets it is going to take care of it the right way....it deserves some special treatment

great toolin', no foolin'

steveb

Great toolin' no foolin'...I like that.....I'll have to remember that one.

Thanks so much for the compliments.

Dave