Hildebrand

Avenger Style Holster Sewing

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for sewing avenger style holsters, when you fold them over they want to round out and it makes it tough to get the pressor foot in on the stitch line?  Do you get it really wet then push it almost completely flat, or do you just try to hold it down as much as possible and sew around it?  On a second note do most of you use just the left pressor foot?  I am learning the ropes on my  CB 4500 and I love it but there is a difference between the walking foot mechanism and the center pressor foot I have on my old Tippmann Boss.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.

Todd

Got a pic?  Never really had a prollem with those -- might depend on the DIRECTION yer sewin' too?

I don't have any pictures, I usually sew around the outside starting at the bottom then sew from the top down the stitch line.  I am going to try sewing from the bottom to the top along the stitch line on the next one.

Thanks,

Todd

holster_stitch_gif2.gifyeah, that's normally what i do... clockwise thing.  Using the left toe (toward the end of teh cylinder).  And git that goofy little "platform" thing out of your way if you're not using the holster plate.  Just take it off, put in a drawer somewhere :whistle:

Edited by JLSleather

All of my sewing is done with a Tippmann Boss, . . . and yeah, . . . I follow the same pattern as JLS did.

I just cannot go the other way, . . . as the throat becomes a problem, . . . and the fact that I'm right handed, . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight