katit

Any reviews on Eagle EA-750 servo?

Trying to find something that will fit my budget and this motor seem to be a good candidate. At ~$160 shipped it's got positioner, it's 750w (1hp?) and control panel look exactly how I want it - needle control via button push.

Comparing to cheaper 550w motors looks like a great deal, no? I wonder if I miss something.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by katit

Loks like the Consew motor.

Does anybody have link to manual of those controllers? Mainly want to see what buttons do and how to program those?

On 1/14/2019 at 8:58 AM, katit said:

Trying to find something that will fit my budget and this motor seem to be a good candidate. At ~$160 shipped it's got positioner, it's 750w (1hp?) and control panel look exactly how I want it - needle control via button push.

Comparing to cheaper 550w motors looks like a great deal, no? I wonder if I miss something.

s-l1600.jpg

@katit , Just wondering if you ended up buying this motor.  If so, what are your thoughts on it?  What machine are you using it on? Do you use a speed reducer with it? what is the thickest veg tanned leather you have sewn with it, if any?

Edited by RemingtonSteel

Looks like a fairly generic Chinese servo, similar to one I had but recently sold with a machine. There's no manual, the instructions are printed on the side of the control box. On mine the speed could be adjusted from the front panel using the +/- buttons. I didn't have the needle positioner but the motor worked fine.

Definitely out of China, but like most things form China, there are some really decent quality products, and there are __________ products. Some come out of the same factory as name brand quality products, just under a different brand, and some are just cheap knockoffs from a different factory. Then there are the forgery products that pretend to be the name brand quality product but are the very cheapest of low quality knockoffs. You never really know, so some first hand knowledge can be very helpful.

I know that I should probably buy one form one of our site's sponsors so that I know I am getting a quality product that they will stand behind and support. I just happened to see this thread, while doing my research, and was curious what the outcome was.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:09 PM, katit said:

Does anybody have link to manual of those controllers? Mainly want to see what buttons do and how to program those?

ya just a rebranded Consew . I bought one and mounted it to a heavy walk foot machine, ( draws 6 amp )  It a strong puncher on the slow starting stitch . smooth and strong on the faster RMP also .

nice power for the money , BUT -->  the one I bought has a factory glitch with it from 1st day I set it up . ( every time ) When you turn-ON power and touch the pedal, It will start sewing without stopping ' 5 Stitches ' from day 1 .
 I called Consew and asked them about the problem day after I set it up and ran it, but all the Consew guy told me was to make a video of it sewing the 5-stitches and send it to them . They never even tried to address my problem with the new motor .. I Not in the business of making videos , I sew . I will Never Buy Another .

Edited by nylonRigging

@nylonRigging, did you have a needle positioner on it? I'm guessing you did not and the setting on the motor was set that you did have one. At start up the motor was advancing to get a signal from the sensor to indicate the needle up position, couldn't find it and gave up after sewing a few stitches. I had a similar experience with another brand of servo motor. I set the motor parameter to 'no position sensor' and problem went away.

Edited by JJN

Ahhhh  Hey....You sure you don't want me to make and send you a Video of the motor banging out 5 stitches on power-up ? .... LOL .
Consew should hire you for a Tech. Rep. for customer problems, because as of right now your sitting a plateau above there hired Staff for knowledge and customer service . The Consew service factory phone # , offered absolutely squat for my needs .

Is that ( Advanced Signal ) something that I can 'code' punch-in myself on the reader control board  ?,  like offered with the speed, and motor direction of turn code .
I did not want, and purposely bought the Consew w/out position sensor, It was sold to me without and was told not coming with PS .  I can pull it off the shelf and out of the box . power it up to punch-in a code if you know of of one ? .  If I could get rid of that glitch i will use it for another build, or a back-up motor .

Edited by nylonRigging

These codes are are usually different from make to make. Do you have a copy of the manual or instructions listing the codes? JJN 's suggestion makes sense, it has to be something simple.

@nylonRigging, I googled around and found the one page manual for the Consew. They have a setting for start with needle up or down and the needle position speed. I cannot fine any reference to enable/disable the NPS. I found that there are nine settings, U0 thru U8. I suppose you can experiment with the 'unknown' settings. You would think there would be better documentation with a name like Consew.

nylonRigging, which model Consew do you have? I can only find 2-button models on their website, the OP picture is a 4-button?

On 12/7/2019 at 9:55 PM, dikman said:

nylonRigging, which model Consew do you have? I can only find 2-button models on their website, the OP picture is a 4-button?

It a ( CSM3000 ) , and it has a 4-button control panel .  The package the OP posted looks exact to the Consew I have .

CSM3000.thumb.jpg.b2144fd37538a7d8aa6e5bfddf5d6ee1.jpg

Edited by nylonRigging

This is quite bizarre. Consew don't list a CSM3000 on their website when I searched for manuals. I found references, via google, to the 3000 being an upgrade to the 1000 but only showing it as a 2-button unit. I found one post from someone who bought one but didn't get a manual with it and had to contact Consew for it.

All very strange. Did you get a manual with yours?

You can find reference of Consew listing it online. CSM3000 is a Brushless, 750 watt 1hp . . the CSM 3000 is (without PS) , and the CSM30001 is ( with NPS) .

The Consew , ( Brushless Motor User Manual ) , that came with it in the box is just simple single piece of paper with the usual  .. speed setting / rotation change / needle position setting / return to factory setting .
The control , is a 4 -Button control panel that makes It very easy to program the necessities . The 'return factory setting' is only for NPS, .. but i did still try that on 1st day I got it .

It's rebranded . But the OP posted exact machine as the one I bought, and mine new out of box hammers-out 5 stitches on the power-up .  So. I will Never buy another like this model and I will not recommend to others looking to buy . Like I was saying before I called Consew day after getting it, I explained the problem, told them what the new motor was doing, but all they suggested was I make a video and send to them .
And that is ( All They wanted to hear from me ) . The factory help guy was offering nothing else but me making and download a video to him .  So I just said ..." I will get right on that ". then just went back to work .

After that experience with Consew  CS ( my Opinion ) , If you have a problem with a New bought motor . Consew Customer Support phone # , pretty much worthless, they are Lazy with little to no skill, visualization of problem solving on the products they sell . .. But in all fairness, there customer service does like to watch video at work. Consew is dead to me .

Edited by nylonRigging