YSRASupply

Short Post Matte Black Line 20 Snaps?

Anyone know where I can get some short post matte black line 20 snaps?  I've been searching the web all over but haven't been able to find ay...  I typically like to use buckeguy snaps as I find them to be the best quality but unfortunately they don't make a short post version of their matte black snaps. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

On 1/23/2019 at 5:22 AM, YSRASupply said:

Anyone know where I can get some short post matte black line 20 snaps?

How about Ohio Travel Bag? This info can be found on page 404 of their current catalog.

Ohio-Travel-Bag-2018-404.jpg

Thanks!  Didn't think of them as an option but will check out their website!

I needed to install some double cap rivets in something, but I did not have the correct length rivets. So, somebody (thank you Silverback) suggested cutting down the post. I cut the post with sharp side cutter pliers to the length I wanted, then reformed the tube so it was round, and the rivet set exactly like it was supposed to.

As snaps are similar to rivets, my suggestion would be "cut that sucker down"..

15 hours ago, Rockoboy said:

I needed to install some double cap rivets in something, but I did not have the correct length rivets. So, somebody (thank you Silverback) suggested cutting down the post. I cut the post with sharp side cutter pliers to the length I wanted, then reformed the tube so it was round, and the rivet set exactly like it was supposed to.

As snaps are similar to rivets, my suggestion would be "cut that sucker down"..

Thanks!  Will give that a try!  I've been having issues with a lot of my snaps cause the cap posts on them are 6.2mm according to the manufacturer but I have been trying to use them on 5oz leather which leaves 4mm of the post exposed... setting these manually with hand setter and maul has led to MANY deformed caps where the post has gone up in to the dome. I was hoping a short post snap would solve the problem.  Anyone know how much of the post "should" be exposed before setting?  and would a hand press setter like the weaver little wonder or goldstar help with avoiding these sorts of issues?

A setter is going to help tremendously with the deformed posts/caps. For now I use a hand held setter, a Pres-n-Snap, that works well for what I need. As for the length, if it is appx. 1/8" above the surface, that seems to work on most leather, for really thin leather, you might try a bit less. It may seem wasteful, but a test snap on a scrap will save you lots of grief.