Hey I really am into making watch straps, mostly for myself at this point. I was thinking it would be fun to make something out of gator. I have looked before on ebay, and I didn't buy because I don't know what I don't know in terms of judging ebay gator leather. Is there a go to place in the US for exotics? I am also interested in other eotics like stingray (tandy always has them pained ghastly colors) 

Have you looked at Springfield Leather?  I bought some caiman tails from there and I believe they have fish leather, toad, some snakes.  Not sure on the gator pieces but it’s worth a shot.  

Cheers

On 7/2/2019 at 9:00 AM, Starwind0 said:

Hey I really am into making watch straps, mostly for myself at this point. I was thinking it would be fun to make something out of gator. I have looked before on ebay, and I didn't buy because I don't know what I don't know in terms of judging ebay gator leather. Is there a go to place in the US for exotics? I am also interested in other eotics like stingray (tandy always has them pained ghastly colors) 

you will be fine to grab exotics scrap bag. SLC should have,
have a look at ostrich legs, caiman tails as cheaper option for demos ;)