YinTx

Signed Paul Burnett Books!

Not sure if I can show this off here in this section since it isn't leather work, but I was soo excited to find this in the collection of books and tools I recently acquired.  These are two sequentially signed and numbered books from Paul Burnett in fantastic condition!  Had to share it here with those of you that appreciate this kind of thing.  I am selling some of the books that I have duplicates of, but I think I'll be keeping these little treasures.  Anyone have any idea of value?

YinTx

PictorialDefinitionLoRes.thumb.jpg.dada76982226d12aa78e768fe2716f16.jpg

BurnettSignedLoRes.thumb.jpg.32f79afe79b48b20c26eb25364527336.jpg

The covers are beautiful..keep them.. :)

2 hours ago, mikesc said:

The covers are beautiful..keep them.. :)

I fully plan to, I enjoy collectible items, as my leather working tool collection is beginning to attest to.  :whistle:

YinTx

So the dude is rocking two different signatures?
I guess he didn't feel like signing 1000 copies with the 'artistic version', even though that one is much cooler...

6 hours ago, robs456 said:

So the dude is rocking two different signatures?
I guess he didn't feel like signing 1000 copies with the 'artistic version', even though that one is much cooler...

I noticed that too.  I suspect I would have done the same thing if I had to do 1000 copies...

YinTx

Nice score!

54 minutes ago, BlakesBlades said:

Nice score!

Thanks!  I'm pretty happy with them, now I need to take some time and actually read them and try to learn a few things...

Also, been trying to figure out what the value might be on them, saw one on Amazon not signed as far as I can tell, $50, so perhaps a bit more value with the sequentially numbered signatures?

YinTx

Edited by YinTx

On 7/4/2019 at 9:05 AM, YinTx said:

I noticed that too.  I suspect I would have done the same thing if I had to do 1000 copies...

YinTx

I'm guessing the artistic signature is printed as part of the text so he didn't have to do that by hand on all of them.

10 minutes ago, baroness said:

I'm guessing the artistic signature is printed as part of the text so he didn't have to do that by hand on all of them.

I suppose it is possible, I'm no expert in these sort of things.  But I did notice that the signatures are slightly different next to the number sequence, for instance the way the last two t's are done, would they do that as a printed signature?  Or are you referring to the fancy signature at the end of the paragraph?  I suspect that one is printed for sure...

YinTx

I meant the fancy one looks printed as part of the book.  I was thinking that is what they meant talking about the artistic one.  

The variation doesn't look a lot different between the two.  Mine varies more than that, I think.