plinkercases

New Old Pearson!!!

Stumbled onto a woman selling her husbands cobbler shop equipment in Hudson Bay Sask... and stumbled onto her daughters construction and shipping company... the coincidences led to this old beauty being crated shipped and now in my shed awaiting a good clean... and it is complete head with wax box and accessory box on the back side... 2 shuttles 4 bobbins loads if original needles... and complete stand... AND bobbin winder!!!!!... serial number puts it circa 1915 and agency marking on the wheel indicates made for Canadian Market.

Gentlemen actually waxed all the time and the entire machine and winder is waxed... so not rusted!

I have a good friend with a vapour blasting set up for engines... total degrease/grime and zero dimensional change... so that is where this baby is headed... complete tear down and clean... someday... for now safe and secure. 

PHOTO_20190706_100213_fx.jpg

20190707_123347_fx.jpg

20190707_123326_fx.jpg

20190707_123358_fx.jpg

It will be nice when cleaned up.   You got your work cut out.  Take lots of pics when disassembling it.

glenn

58 minutes ago, shoepatcher said:

It will be nice when cleaned up.   You got your work cut out.  Take lots of pics when disassembling it.

glenn

Absolutely and my friend is am ex naval mech and used to tearing things down and putting ALL the parts back where they belong. I think between the two of us and a camera we stand a chance.

6 hours ago, youdesiremenow said:

Where did you find the serial number? I have one also and can't see to locate it.

thanks peg

Hey Peg,Maybe this will help?

Pearson ser#.JPG

Excellent machines - you will love it! I really loved mine too but I had no work for it so I have sold it with a tear in my eye. And it is really a beast and it took a lot of space. I put it on heavy casters because and I needed it moveable due to space issues.