rdb

Open "Thread"

We all agree...more pix!

A lot of times, we don't really have anything super to show off, so we don't post, or we don't want to hijack someone else's "showoff" thread. Cheer up..open thread is here.

This is your opportunity to post some of your stuff that didn't move you to show it off, you know, the regular stuff from keyrings to some new shaped latigo keeper. If it works out, maybe we can do it more often.

I'll throw mine in to start it off, just one of my simple guitar straps. Black Bridle leather makes this a bit special. It just feels great, but no tooling, etc.

Don't let us down...More pix...

Black_Knight2.jpg

post-5140-1202075333_thumb.jpg

see!....kewl in unexpected places

I thought they were gingerbread men from the small pic...then i opened up to see more kewl...

okay here's some belts i'm making for stock for shows...

belts2.JPG

post-5140-1202078521_thumb.jpg

Nice stuff guys, hey Kev, those keyrings is real eyecatchy :jump:

Sometimes I think it would be cool to meet some of the leatherworkers but most are WAY far from Sweden so I have to settle with sometimes running into a previous happy customer!

Tom

tomswede1__Medium_.bmp

tomswede1__Medium_.bmp

Edited by Johanna
reduced pic size

Wristbands look good Tom! Hair-on Bag?

If you're that lonely in Sweden, you could pay for a charter plane off the US east coast, and we'll all come visit...just make sure it's summer...lol

Thanks RDB! The bag is not my work just the wristbands, sha later ordered a necklace in the same style and man can I tell you this celtic pattern won't be done for a long time from me. She also has a pair of wristbands with that pattern in antique brown..and NO I was not in love with the woman, I just know how much money she makes, lol..seriously we are colleagues (spelling??).

About that charter, I might ask my friend Bruce Dickinson (of Iron Maiden sometimes double as pilot on commercial flights) if he can sort it out...NOT

:NEWFUNNYPOST:

Best regards

Tom

my first piece

died02c.jpg

post-158-1202098724_thumb.jpg

Great start Freak!

You should try the same skull now, and see how it has changed!

OK, here is a clock I made for a friend. He rides with me and also owns his own bakery, so I wanted to have "Biker" stuff and make it Bakery friendly, if not just a bit whimsical........

No snickering allowed!

daves_clock1.jpg

daves_clock2.jpg

post-5734-1202098983_thumb.jpg

post-5734-1202098992_thumb.jpg

Skullduggery turns into "Skullbakery"...hmmmm...blueberry pie!

Ok here is a seat I just did for a friend. Passanger seat for his wife. Her name is Kat and she is a nurse...

Also, a Boot strap with clips for when I ride. Keeps the air out of my .....areas.

And, a wallet cover. The color did not come out to what I wanted. Damn you ECO...

Kat_Seat_1.jpg

Boot_Strap.jpg

Wallet_Heart.jpg

post-5519-1202160292_thumb.jpg

post-5519-1202160319_thumb.jpg

post-5519-1202160340_thumb.jpg

Ok here is a seat I just did for a friend. Passanger seat for his wife. Her name is Kat and she is a nurse...

Also, a Boot strap with clips for when I ride. Keeps the air out of my .....areas.

And, a wallet cover. The color did not come out to what I wanted. Damn you ECO...

For a friend??? phuuuii..yeah right :spoton: duh.

I bet that heart is "for a friend" too :evillaugh:

But seriously then, that's some nice stuff and that heart has a very nice touch to it. I bet someone is really happy with those items despite the trouble you had with the ECO stuff.

Good work!

Tom

For a friend??? phuuuii..yeah right :spoton: duh.

I bet that heart is "for a friend" too :evillaugh:

But seriously then, that's some nice stuff and that heart has a very nice touch to it. I bet someone is really happy with those items despite the trouble you had with the ECO stuff.

Good work!

Tom

Tom,

No for real. LOL!!! The cat seat is a project I'm working on for a friend who wanted me to wrap a gel pad for his wife's xmas gift, wife is Kat. :evillaugh:

The heart is a wallet that I made for my wife but the color was not what we wanted so I don't think she will use it. Was supposed to be Light Mocha Brown. This has a green tint.

The boot strap is something I want to make many of and sell as pairs. I just need to find the right kinda clips.

Thanks for the props dude. lol I find that clipart are good pics for leather sometimes. Plus I can manipulate them in Illustrator and print them and scale them easily. Yeah, computer geek...lol :rolleyes:

Hey man!

Always a pleasure to meet some with a sense of humour, those emoticons are great little helpers.

The Kat seat was indeed very nice I'm sure she'll love it.

I got the same idea for bootstraps as you have. One testpiece has been laying for over a month now and waiting for the hardware to arrive.

Larry Lassos post made me think that if cowboys use why not bikers. The hardware I have ordered is a pair of western spurs but I'll cut off the back thingy and see what I can do with it. Just made the strap right out of my head so we'll see how it will fit.

I also thought of a chain going back over the heel and another chain right under the sole (military boot style) witch attaches to a hidden smaller strap over the boot front that is adjustable so one can tighten it, thus preventing the chain to fall off the heel.

The tightening strap would then be hidden under the main piece where one can have the wearable art for a nice display (HD logos or whatever). A ring could work as connection point for the chains and strap on both side of the shoe.

Talking about good pics for art on leather.

I'm currently doing a Motörhead skull on a bracer. All pics i find with it is depicting the skull in cast metal so that's what I have to deal with. I'll try to make it look like a cast metal piece, I have figured out one way to do it to leather but I sure aint sure what final result will be. I'll use silver spirit dye and some antiquing on top. That's all I say for now.

Cheers!

Tom

Edited by TomSwede

Clever idea Spider! Finding the right clips will be hard. Suspender clips without teeth is about all I can think of too. Kat seat was neat. The color on that wallet looks like it belongs in an Indiana Jones Movie...The cave of the Golden Wallet...lol

Yeah, Thanks for the props guys. I am loving this leather working deal. lol sure is personally rewarding and it is cool if you get some green too in the process. I'm gonna post practice piece in the Show off forum. It's a Megadeth concept pic.

TomS and Spiser, you guys talking about staps to hold down your chaps so you don't look like some Rodeo Drive Divas with pedal pushers?? :pirate2:

Yeah, pretty much... :P No, actually I'm making these for my jeans cause they rise and show my pretty stripped sox and then I don't look as cool as I'd like to. :crazy: I can make these out of scrap pieces I have...if there is ever such a thing. 1x5 with 1" folded over on each end and leaving 3 inches in the middle for a cool pic or initials.

my first piece

Just love it...Freak

I just got a big laught reading the coments here...Tom,Spyder thx :NEWFUNNYPOST:

TomS and Spiser, you guys talking about staps to hold down your chaps so you don't look like some Rodeo Drive Divas with pedal pushers?? :pirate2:

I have no idea what Rodeo drive divas with pedal pushers are or what it means. I can tell you living in Sweden I don't know much about that stuff.

What happened is I saw Lary Lassos spur straps and got inspired to do them in my own style and thought it might be an item for bikers. Like Spider says they sure be nifty for keeping the cold out of the jeans when temp drops.

I sure do know some people around here that are probable customers. They buy anything Harleyrelated for sure.

Tom

Here are a couple of "newer ones... the first is a wallet I am carrying now, the second is a beaded knife sheath for my powwow regailia....

AAAA0115.JPG

AAAA0159.JPG

post-5856-1202260645_thumb.jpg

post-5856-1202260662_thumb.jpg

I'm new to the forum, but I just finished this holster, and thought I'd post pic's here. I made my first holster when I was about 10 or 12. I made a mexican loop holster out of a piece of inner tube, for my cap gun. I have made a few along for my own use, and hope I've learned a little bit since then. :rolleyes2: This one is made from 7/9 oz veg tanned leather. I'm afraid it is not an original design, but I have made several modifications to it, and I doubt if the original maker would want to claim it. This is my first time to try and post pic's, so I'll apologize for the quality, and hope it works. Thanks

XD_Holster_2.jpgXD_Holster.jpg

post-6341-1219109843_thumb.jpg

post-6341-1219109870_thumb.jpg

I have no idea what Rodeo drive divas with pedal pushers are or what it means.

Tom

Hmmmm. A quick Google turned up this...... B)B)B)

http://www.istorez.com/m/tag/rodeo%20drive%20divas

Well, not exactly wearing pedal pushers, but.....hmmmmmm......any men complaining??? :lol::):)