shoepatcher

45-50mm pulley for Reliable servo motor

Anybody know where you can get a 45-50mm pulley for a digital Reliable servo motor.  I think the shaft diameter is 12mm.   This is the motor that is dark grey with an orange plate where the digital readout it. Thanks in advance.

Glenn

What model Reliable motor, they have SQ4000, SQ5000, and the SQ6000 are going to take a different pulley.  The current model is already a 60mm, no sense in going to any more than that.

6 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

Anybody know where you can get a 45-50mm pulley for a digital Reliable servo motor.  I think the shaft diameter is 12mm.   This is the motor that is dark grey with an orange plate where the digital readout it. Thanks in advance.

Glenn

Postage may be steep but these people are so cheap it probably evens out. Couldn't want more helpful people either. I ordered a needle positioning system yesterday and it came this morning.

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/accessories/motors-accessories/motor-pulleys

Seconded for College ( I thought of suggesting them when shoepatcher made his 1st post, but presumed there would be someone in the USA )..their 45mm pulleys* fit a 12mm shaft, or they did when I bought mine..and they are very helpful people, a pleasure to do business with.

*I've had a few from them, ( bored out some to 13mm for other machines ) they also do ones which fit EFKA units..I think I bought a 50 or a 60mm from them a couple of years ago.

Edited by mikesc

Yes My old Durkopp has a 12mm shaft which I found out when I replaced the handwheel with a 170mm pulley and a 45mm on the clutch motor. Now I've fitted a servo which has I think a 50mm so I'm wondering if i might try a 40mm on there but there isn't a lot of room on the shaft.

40 mm , by the time you allow for the hole / bore  for the shaft, and the depth of the V groove, that is not a lot of metal left for the pulley "core" structure, and you don't gain much ( by way of "slowing down" ) over a 45mm..I've never gone lower than 45mm, but my large pulleys are all over 200mm ( self built speed reducers / torque multipliers ).

Edited by mikesc

Know what you mean Mike but if I'm gonna change it at all I'll at least try the 40. I fitted the needle position yesterday and my god what a difference! With a tap on the pedal I can do one stitch at a time but being new at this game the initial start/stop still catches me out and I think the smaller pulley might make the difference. After all the start up speed is the same I think no matter what top end you program in. The problem I have to iron out is the treadle. If you simply let go you get needle down and if you heel down you get needle up but the difference between the two is too close and I'm finding I'm going backward and forward without meaning to. I'm hoping this can be ironed out with the pedal position but it might just be a question of lots of practice.

I'm one of those who don't use a needle positioner..they annoy me..my EFKA has an "all singing , all dancing" one, which thankfully can be ( and I have done so ) disabled entirely..They have their place in high speed textile garment stitching, but are as practical as a chocolate bicycle built for a fish, when used for leatherwork.

2 minutes ago, mikesc said:

I'm one of those who don't use a needle positioner..they annoy me..my EFKA has an "all singing , all dancing" one, which thankfully can be ( and I have done so ) disabled entirely..They have their place in high speed textile garment stitching, but are as practical as a chocolate bicycle built for a fish, when used for leatherwork.

LOL. Each to his own I guess but I also guess that you're not using an ancient Durkopp 239 that fights you at every turn. I know it's my fault that it won't sew a straight line and I will address what's needed but in the meantime I'd like to be able to use it.

Greg.

the motor is  a Reliable  SQ6000.   It is for a friend of mine and he needs it to be running slower than it does now with the 60 mm pulley.  If they make one even smaller than the 45mm, great.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher
grammar