Kopke

Customer reorder

If a customer wants to reorder products, what is the best percentage for discount? 

In my business I only discount for quantities - repeat orders are the same price if quantity ordered is the same.  Nobody has ever questioned or complained about this policy.

Gary

34 minutes ago, Kopke said:

If a customer wants to reorder products, what is the best percentage for discount? 

Basically, no discount, but I may drop the price a tiny wee bit if I like the customer, or put it up if I don't, :blink:

depends on the customer and what I think he can do for me. I don't have a large advertising or marketing budget because word of mouth has really built my business. So a discount if the customer that has a large number of guns is no problem. My product sells its self and if he is willing to buy more than one it is worth the small fee for advertising. 

For the second, single holster.  None.  They want a couple holsters, maybe.  The more local the more likely.  If they have gotten to 6 or so holsters I might make an exception if they ask.  Or if I have raised my prices I'll continue to offer them their original price, within reason.  IN other words, I make it up as I go along.  lol

On 11/16/2019 at 12:09 AM, Treed said:

I don't have a large advertising or marketing budget because word of mouth has really built my business.

Same here. Nearly all of my business is word of mouth , and from attending numerous markets.   I have advertised in papers etc. with very little response.   If a customer buys a lot of stuff, say a belt, a knife case  and a few other things, I might give a little discount . On large quantity orders, I'll try to reduce the price a little, especially if it mean repeat business. 

HS 

I don't give a reorder discount unless the are a frequent buyer, if they are buying a group of items at the same time or order a group of items I may knock a few dollars off.