YinTx

New Wallet Liners, $0 plus shipping

Yep, $0 plus shipping.  Merry Christmas!  We figure out how much it is to ship, you pay that, I send these.  WYSIWYG.  I used one set, tore up parts of another, didn't try the rest.  Looks like 4 complete sets, and one incomplete.  If you need a piece of veg tan for the backs, we can work out a meager price with you to send some approx. 9" x 3 1/2" pieces.  These simply don't work for me, and I'd feel guilty charging anyone more than the cost of shipping for them.

WalletLiner1.thumb.jpg.602c091e524f6de9fea2b57588e5ce6e.jpg

WalletLiner2.thumb.jpg.c8efa0eff4f2cd56cd33be5320df6fb8.jpg

Man, that's a harsh review on these when they're free and still no takers :o

I'm gonna pass on it too, but i did have one question -- these actually measure 9" long? 

Just askin' for display for the next feller.  When I make this style of liner, I make the liner 9" long and the outer carving back 9 1/4" long.  

PM sent

3 hours ago, JLSleather said:

Man, that's a harsh review on these when they're free and still no takers :o

I have discovered something that is the antithesis of the Veblen Effect.  Even if something is nice, when you offer it for free, folks will walk on by.  I have seen this at the shows when someone is interested in buying something, then I offer to let them have it for free, they decide all of a sudden they don't need it.  Even had one person accept a free item, but then gave me money anyhow - i.e. they didn't want it free!

Anyhow, these liners may be ok for some uses, but the wallets I make don't do well with them.  I bit too thick for my preference, I like different pocket shapes, colors, etc., and I figured someone could put these to good use.

4 hours ago, JLSleather said:

I'm gonna pass on it too, but i did have one question -- these actually measure 9" long? 

I just now measured, the liners are 9"x3".  So if someone wanted some wallet back leather, I suspect it'd be 9 1/2" x 3 1/4" or so.

3 hours ago, Scoutmom103 said:

PM sent

Replied!

YinTx

LOL " when you offer it for free, folks will walk on by." True, that.

A while ago I had a little cow/calf operation and we backgrounded calves over the winter.  Had a nice big pile of well rotted manure in the yard and I needed to lose some of it. We were about 30 miles from a fair sized city so I put an ad in the classifieds offering to load for free. No response. Was having coffee with an older neighbor and mentioned it to him. "Well," he said, "your problem is that you're giving it away, son. Run another ad offering it at $25.00 a load." So, I did. The next Saturday there was a line of pickups a quarter of a mile long on the section road waiting for me to swing the gate.

Couldn't give s**t away but they lined up to pay for it. Cleaned up in more ways than one. LOL

Edited by Arturomex
Spelling

We haven't really had that problem.

• A simple post "free leather patterns" got half a million downloads, and still brings people long after it was removed. 
  • When we trimmed trees, a mention of "free fire wood" had people arguing in the front street over who got there first.
  • And when we gave away a box of jeans that don't fit the boys, we really didn't anticipate that the girl who got them would stalk us to see if we offered something else :o

7 hours ago, Arturomex said:

LOL " when you offer it for free, folks will walk on by." True, that.

A while ago I had a little cow/calf operation and we backgrounded calves over the winter.  Had a nice big pile of well rotted manure in the yard and I needed to lose some of it. We were about 30 miles from a fair sized city so I put an ad in the classifieds offering to load for free. No response. Was having coffee with an older neighbor and mentioned it to him. "Well," he said, "your problem is that you're giving it away, son. Run another ad offering it at $25.00 a load." So, I did. The next Saturday there was a line of pickups a quarter of a mile long on the section road waiting for me to swing the gate.

Couldn't give s**t away but they lined up to pay for it. Cleaned up in more ways than one. LOL

I had a sort-of similar problem. When I had a small-holding I cleared a field that had been used as a metal dump. I went to a few scrap metal merchants and said - 'free if you take it away' No one showed. A few months later one of the drivers from one of the dealers turned up on the look out. I told him £50 per ton. I got £250 out of it.  Go figure! as is said by some

These are on their way to a new home!  Thanks all for the interest, and the anecdotal stories!

YinTx