RememberingGS

Portable Techsew machine

I was wondering if this machine will work fine for belts and wallets, budget and space limited. 

Thanks 

Screenshot_20191227-195003_Chrome.jpg

It should work find for that purpose but since you are in the US why not go to your local home depot and get the Reliable Barracuda saving on the price and shipping.

kgg

I should have added for belts it depends on how thick of leather you are sewing.

kgg

4 hours ago, kgg said:

I should have added for belts it depends on how thick of leather you are sewing.

kgg

Just blanks from springfield leather. What model baracudda from home depot. 

Thanks 

13 minutes ago, kgg said:

Ok thanks and what needle n thread size would i use. Ive never used a sewing machine before,  ive always hand sewn.

Thanks for your time. 

If you order directly from Reliable they can set the machine up to handle V138 but as it comes it will handle V92 top and bottom. The needle system for the machine is 135x17 but you will need 135x16 needles sized to the thread size for leather. So for V92 I would use size 19 needle. A good reference chart: https://www.tolindsewmach.com/thread-chart.html

kgg

53 minutes ago, kgg said:

If you order directly from Reliable they can set the machine up to handle V138 but as it comes it will handle V92 top and bottom. The needle system for the machine is 135x17 but you will need 135x16 needles sized to the thread size for leather. So for V92 I would use size 19 needle. A good reference chart: https://www.tolindsewmach.com/thread-chart.html

kgg

Thanks for the help 

On 12/28/2019 at 11:46 AM, kgg said:

Fantastic information! Thank you. What part of Ontario are you from? I'm just outside of Barrie and looking for a source locally (Ontario) that would have this machine.