Bert51

Error

Is any one else getting this error, or is it only me?

" Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::language() in /home/bosslady/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php on line 79 "

Bert.

12 minutes ago, Bert51 said:

Is any one else getting this error, or is it only me?

I've had that happen a few times. A bit of a mystery, but not fatal, so I haven't given it much thought.

Thanks, I thought I may have stuffed up something on my computer, again.

Bert.

I've got it a few times. I just hit the 'reload' and everything was back to normal.

Maybe mike can tell us more if he sees this

me too - I press F5 (refresh) and its gone

afaik there is a PHP error reporting in the backbend and you can set it to "Public" "Moderator" and "Hidden" - could it be that it is set to "public"? So everyone can see this error? I at least know that some web shop backends have this.

Happens fairly frequently here ..I tend to get the word "language" where you see "dispatcher"..As Constabulary surmises the "system" is php based.The forum software ( in reality a bunch of interconnect php and javascript "scripts" and databases ), occasionally cannot find the "next step" in the script..and shows an error..It can also happen because it is programmed ( to a degree ) to write it's own scripts..and sometimes it will miss off a colon or semi-colon or a "whatever", or forget to close a "bracket"..When that happens, the next stage of the scripting can't function and it will "error"..It can also be down to RAM on the server malfunctioning, and , or many other things or combinations of some of them,or all of them.

Debugging scripts and CMS ( "content management systems" )..which is what this and many other sites are, is a nightmare .. This particular forum "software" that Johanna has, is a "paid for" commercial system ( I've never really delved into the workings of this particular one ) , which rather leaves it's user ( in this case Johanna) at the mercy of the software vendor's "support system" in relation to any "bugs", "crashes" or "errors".

A refresh ( F5 ) will make the scripting chain re-fire ( your browser says to the server "begin that page request again" ) and usually that will fix it..Sometimes I might have to "refresh" 3 or 4 times before the scripts get their act together.

The only unfortunate thing, is it means that "error reporting", is set to "verbose" and not to "fail publicly silently " as when errors happen they expose the server pathways to all and sundry..again, probably the forum script / software vendor is the only one who can switch that to something less "revealing"..

Right..back to sewing anti covid 19 masks..stay safe..

Edited by mikesc

I have been play with my Windoze 10 1909 and turn off half of Microsoft's bloat ware and thought maybe I got to heavy handed with handy work and being to lazy to fire up another computer thought I would ask the question.

Thanks,

Bert.