councilman24

Didn't even realize what I had. 227r

The end of last summer there was a Brother sewing machine on craigslist. I saw it while I was getting a different machine nearby. It was a cylinder arm walking foot but Brother sewing machine numbers are so damn long I can't keep them straight. I did manage to do a little research on my phone with out model number.

But it was so cheap I messaged them and said sold. But I couldn't understand why the cylinder arm went 3 inches past the needle in the photo. Got there and realized it was a double needle! I'd never run into or seen a picture of a compound feed double needle cylinder arm. With a needle position sensor electronic controlled servo. Obviously out of a factory somewhere. Then they said it came with this bag of parts. I said great. Then they said it came with second head mounted to a broken table top for parts. I couldn't get it loaded fast enough.  I got home and managed to get head and table and second head into garage half under the boat. And haven't gotten back to it till this week. Figure out it is the Brother labeled double needle version of the singer 227r. LT3-C57b. The bag of parts? I still haven't completely done through it but all new parts including many different labeled screws etc and 3 new Consew branded hooks. It kind of looks like maybe all the "parts" head may need is more extensive cleaning and set up on a new table with a motor.  The whole package was only a little more than 10% of the cost of a new Cowboy version. 

The only machine I didn't have was a cylinder arm more than a drop feed. While one that can do 6 cord might be nice this is really what I needed. I can't justify new machines but manages to accumulate quite a stable of used, functional machines.

I do have a question. I know Cowboy Bob has a flat table accessory for his version but says it only fits on a pedestal table. Is there another flat accessory table that will fit in this? Not that I need it so much. Have other compound feed 3 cord capable machines. But might be nice. And had to have a question.

PICS?