Hello everyone, I recently moved from Montana to Oregon. Specifically, I moved near Albany, in Linn County. When I lived in Montana, I was being taught how to make a saddle by a great guy. Unfortunately, I had to move short notice and wasn't able to get very far. I would like to find someone local to me that would be willing to teach me. I have the Stohlman books and I could probably find some videos, but I would much rather have someone with experience that I could ask questions to and get to know. I also don't have every tool that a person needs. I'm happy to pay and/or help out with any chores that need done. If anyone knows someone like this I would love to be connected with them! Thanks in advance

I'm in Washington so don't know much about your area.  But, there's Pedro Pedrini at Hamleys   in Pendleton.  You might ask at Oregon Leather store in downtown Portland. They also have a leather shop. --John

Oregon Leather is also in Eugene, somewhat closer than Portland. You might also call Maverick Leather over in Bend. They are good people and I do a fair bit of business with them.

https://maverickleathercompany.com/

Edited by tsunkasapa

On 4/16/2020 at 6:57 AM, Squilchuck said:

I'm in Washington so don't know much about your area.  But, there's Pedro Pedrini at Hamleys   in Pendleton.  You might ask at Oregon Leather store in downtown Portland. They also have a leather shop. --John

Thank you very much, I’ll check in with them

On 4/16/2020 at 7:15 AM, tsunkasapa said:

Oregon Leather is also in Eugene, somewhat closer than Portland. You might also call Maverick Leather over in Bend. They are good people and I do a fair bit of business with them.

https://maverickleathercompany.com/

I haven’t heard of Maverick before, so I’ll definitely check them out. I spoke with the Eugene store and they gave me one name of a guy who said he was too unhealthy, so I came up short