Somiskid

Stitching Hole Punch???? Anybody use this tool??

Not that exact version, but I do use my version almost all the time.

These are mine; I have these with 4 teeth and a set with 2 teeth

2094395627_Stitchingpliers01s.JPG.37056084a6a59e96d2047c2899e3dd1f.JPG

They certainly speed up the making of stitching holes plus they are quiet. I live in a ground floor flat (apartment) so usually I cannot do any hammering before 09.00 or after 21.00 without complaints, but with these I can make stitching holes at 02.00 and do some sewing.

I recently (OK, so it was before Christmas) made some book covers. It took me under 5 minutes to go around the edges to make the stitching holes in each one

I prefer my version as the teeth can get right tight into raised, formed edge.

Shop around for them though as I bought mine for under £10 a tool but I've seen them for sale as much as $85 a tool and those you've shown for as much as $65 a tool

3 hours ago, fredk said:

They certainly speed up the making of stitching holes plus they are quiet. I live in a ground floor flat (apartment) so usually I cannot do any hammering before 09.00 or after 21.00 without complaints, but with these I can make stitching holes at 02.00 and do some sewing.

I recently (OK, so it was before Christmas) made some book covers. It took me under 5 minutes to go around the edges to make the stitching holes in each one

Shop around for them though as I bought mine for under £10 a tool but I've seen them for sale as much as $85 a tool and those you've shown for as much as $65 a tool

@fredk you are the most helpful guy on this forum!! Thank you for the input!! 

3 hours ago, fredk said:

What is the brand name?

I use the type the o p asked about. I would not recommend them. The teeth seem to slip out of the pliers often. The way the teeth are set in the pliers requires extra room when clamping.

20 minutes ago, AwlShucks said:

What is the brand name?

Sorry, no brand name on mine. I got them from a Chinese type seller on ebay. At one time Tandy sold these, but at a very high price, afair £35 per tool

eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leather-Stitching-Hole-Punch-Plier-Clamp-Cutter-Hoggard-Diamond-Cut-Punch-L-L4Z2/114160672691?epid=18030599939&hash=item1a94819fb3:g:B3QAAOSwoJ5effY7

Up to about £17 a tool, but I think they are worth that

I'll let you into a secret. I bought the 4 tooth and the 2 tooth tools, but the teeth on the 2 weren't hardened and bent going thru 2mm leather! So I bought another 4 tooth tool and ground off the two outer pairs of teeth to make a 2. I could have bought another 2 but I was reckoning if the first one wasn't hardened a second one might be the same.

yup, they're the ones. I don't see a price for them. Can you see a price?

Amazon is out of stock, unfortunately.  

It’s all you chaps buying even more tools, you’ve broke Amazon..:) 

Edited by LumpenDoodle2

2 hours ago, LumpenDoodle2 said:

Amazon is out of stock, unfortunately... you've broke Amazon.

Amazon is not broke everywhere... I found them in stock right now, but maybe it is only here in the states.

Rhombus Hole Punch.jpg

Outside US, all gone.:dunno::rolleyes:

Ebay is filled with them from HongKong, and China, which I’m sure no one here objects to buying from, and as long as you are willing to take the chance on facing a delay in delivery, then you have your source.  

I’ve had mixed result with the time taken for deliveries of lathe tools from China.  Not that I’m trying to put anyone off.

I think certainly the poor Royal Mail are trying to concentrate on more domestic deliveries, which is understandable.   

I buy a lot of my supplies from China. Before this last January my orders were taking on average 8 to 10 days. After their New Year and with the shipping all awry because of the C-19 some orders have not arrived at all, 2 orders from 16/3 have not arrived yet but one from 4/4 arrived yesterday, one order from 4/4 arrived on the 16th. Contrast, an order from England placed on the 9/4 has not arrived yet. The whole delivery system is up the left.

For us in the UK a lot of the Chinese sellers have depots in London, Manchester, Glasgow, Dublin and other places. They send the frequently bought items from one of those depots. I also learnt, and I'm not 100% on this: the Chinese have frequently bought items ready packed on the freight ships and the Silk Train. When I buy something a worker on the ship/train gets an email, prints the address label and it gets posted at the next dock/port/station. I can believe this as a. I've received goods back-stamped by the port of Hamburg and other places, and b. having done some shifts on the Royal Mail Night Train sorting letters and packages I can see how it would work.

7 minutes ago, fredk said:

I buy a lot of my supplies from China. Before this last January my orders were taking on average 8 to 10 days. After their New Year and with the shipping all awry because of the C-19 some orders have not arrived at all, 2 orders from 16/3 have not arrived yet but one from 4/4 arrived yesterday, one order from 4/4 arrived on the 16th. Contrast, an order from England placed on the 9/4 has not arrived yet. The whole delivery system is up the left.

For us in the UK a lot of the Chinese sellers have depots in London, Manchester, Glasgow, Dublin and other places. They send the frequently bought items from one of those depots. I also learnt, and I'm not 100% on this: the Chinese have frequently bought items ready packed on the freight ships and the Silk Train. When I buy something a worker on the ship/train gets an email, prints the address label and it gets posted at the next dock/port/station. I can believe this as a. I've received goods back-stamped by the port of Hamburg and other places, and b. having done some shifts on the Royal Mail Night Train sorting letters and packages I can see how it would work.

I’d agree with that, and do prefer buy from a UK depot, even if it is really coming from overseas, it just feels a bit safer, and usually very reliable. 

I can’t really complain too loudly though, after all, a delay is hardly the end of the world.