Dbsavajoe

Need a cylinder arm!

I have a company that makes custom golf headcovers and accessories. I’ve been sewing for many years but just in last two started this. I’ve got several home machines but I need something to handle the leather better. I bought and subsequently sold a Sailrite. The flat bed isn’t going to work for me.

id prefer to have a cylinder arm all one piece. Internal servo motor... if possible. But the one I see is by artisan and it seems rather inexpensive for a cylinder arm.   I want a sturdy reliable and hopefully intuitive machine that can handle the bumps of seams  . If I have to have an external motor to get what I need then so be it. 

ive read and read and all I get is more confused. 
JUKI, consew.. Adler..Yamata. knockoffs and copycats... 

what is the best in the 1500-3000 dollar range?

thank you— brenda

Here are a couple machines that might be what you are looking for from dealers that support this forum.

https://leathermachineco.com/product/cobra-class-26/

https://www.tolindsewmach.com/cb341.html

They may be out of your price range , but you can get cylinder machines with much longer cylinders than these

Edited by chrisash

Maybe a bit long for what you want

You’ll have to adjust your budget. Machines with longer, thinner arms cost more than $3K new. The Durkopp Adler 669 is a very capable machine, as shown in this video. Apparently it’s preferred by makers of fake designer bags.

Edited by Uwe

DBsavajoe,

The DA669 of which I have one is the best narrow cylinder arm of the market.   It is a new generation machine with new engineering features.  Seiko now makes one as well but does not have as high a lift or as long as stitch.  I would look at both.   The DA is over $4,000.00 but what a machine.  PM is you need more info.

glenn

I have PM ed you

i titled it wrong 699 lol but yes it’s the 669 I’m looking at. 

is the 669 fixed at 3/8 inch? Doesn’t matter really. Just learning more as I go 

The 669 can sew 3/8" or more depending on what the material is.  If hard leather, no.  It is rated for 3/8".  If thicker, then you are into harness weight class of machines.

glenn

re: Chris Sash,  Yea, I dont need to sew Telephone poles!    I think im going to go for the Pfaff 335.  .  I saw so many machines Im getting woozy at the choices. But I keep gravitating towards it.  Now to find the best deal and where in the heck Im gonna put a 200 pound machine and motor and table!

Thank you!  If you have any other comments, advice or suggestions, bring them on!

Brenda