Frodo

Little help here

I was surfing online and came across a rather cool design on a wallet. It appears to be done with stamps

Can any one identify any of these stamps?  Or, If their is such a thing. a book that list stamps with images of them??

IMG_0867.thumb.JPG.058674a6517ea541286c65b6b02291d2.JPG

9 minutes ago, Frodo said:

I was surfing online and came across a rather cool design on a wallet. It appears to be done with stamps

Can any one identify any of these stamps?  Or, If their is such a thing. a book that list stamps with images of them??

IMG_0867.thumb.JPG.058674a6517ea541286c65b6b02291d2.JPG

it looks to me like it is one really big stamp used with a press of some kind.

I agree with Chuck123wapati. Mandalas are interesting things and the closest I can find with individual tools is something like this.

Here is a link to a page that helps you create your own mandalas and lists the leatherworking tools too: design your own mandala

mandala.jpg

Edited by spacedog

There are books that cover this.  Creative Stamping is one, I think Paul Burnett's website has some also.  I may have a duplicate laying around here somewhere also.

YinTx

Thank you, that is just what i am looking for

I have to do something,  my carving skills look like a 6th grader was having a bad day and had to stand in the corner. pitiful

Also I think there is a creative stamping section under Paul Burnett on the first page of LW.net!

YinTx

One of the issues with the basic stampology is overstamping in the valley where the larger loops meet - it's a hurried solution rather than a meditative one. The original uses circular sectors, for example, suggestive of rainbows. The essence is a lotus flower, opening from a core: everything expands outwards without contention. Therefore, the inward-facing leaves are also wrong. It's a mantra, a meditative focus, and may be treated like a rosary, petal by petal, the pensive finding a path pertinent to them.

For a clearer view, chakra knowledge may be helpful, or in the Hebraic tradition, sephiroths.