karlova

After 3 years: gone full-time and moved to Siberia. Here's my progress!

Hi everyone once again! 3 years ago I posted some of my works here (topic "Are Girls Allowed" - https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/80887-are-girls-allowed-p/)

Since then, I continued with my leatherworking experiments, and made it my main occupation - I am now designing patterns for sale and doing quite well, actually I feel like I found my calling and I really love and enjoy my job now :)

I would like to show what I am making lately and what had been made in those 3 years since my first post, I hope you like my creatures :) Oh, and I decided not to sell any prototypes - as I have found out, there is really no limit to how many bags a person can have, so I have and use them all, they are my precioussssss :wub: :lol:

Here is the latest pattern that I released just yesterday:

_DSC5108.jpg

_DSC5119.jpg

_DSC5120.jpg

_DSC5137.jpg

Very nice love the blue colour

Are you selling the patterns or the finished items?

Maybe you should advertise your site in your signature

WOW!!!!!!!  What craftswomanship!  Maybe one day, i will be that good.  Thanks for sharing.

2 hours ago, chrisash said:

Yes - THIS! Would like to see more!

5 hours ago, chrisash said:

For now only patterns but I have started a collaboration here and maybe we will also sell finished items as well, depends on how it goes.

Thanks for the idea about the signature, just did that :)

Thank you guys I am gonna show more of my designs :) 

Also after I moved back to Siberia I found all the other leatherworkers, it was hard in Guatemala as it's not very popular there, only 6-7 hours away there was a town where they had some leather shops but no one is doing hand stitching there.  So, when I came here first thing I did (after emptying local leather suppliers' supplies) I took a short shoemaking course, I made a pair of sneakers for myself using the lasts; I didn't bring any shoes with me because in Guatemala I only needed flip flops and had to do something about it

_DSC4519 copy.jpg

Then I thought I could make some shoes without using the lasts and made a pattern for loafers, right now I am finishing a pair of summer boots with similar lines, and the pattern will also be available. With shoes there is a big headache because I have to make all the different sizes and that is a looooot of work so I can say I like making bag patterns better LOL one size fits all.

_DSC4787.jpg

_DSC4786.jpg

_DSC4780.jpg

That was the second pair made with QTan Bridle, first one was made with darker crazy horse, but I like the shiny ones better 

_DSC4714.jpg

Then I thought I wanted a keyring and made a cute little shoe which is only 3" long but has the same proportions as the big ones that I am currently making (those will be pink and I just don't have time to glue the sole on them)

IMG_0569.jpg

Bonny the Dawg moved with me to Siberia and I bet she is also enjoying her life here :) As it's slightly colder than in Guatemala (even in the summer time) I made her a bed, she seems to like it very much, she probably has the classiest bed in our whole barrio:

_DSC4462 copy.jpg

_DSC4431.jpg

lovely designs.  Great work.  How refreshing it is to see someone learn a new skill, then put it into practice.  Thanks for sharing.

46 minutes ago, PastorBob said:

lovely designs.  Great work.  How refreshing it is to see someone learn a new skill, then put it into practice.  Thanks for sharing.

thank you Bob :) 

I am gonna continue my exhibition, next I would like to show some more bags:

cover.jpg

_DSC4384 copy.jpg

cover.jpg

This is one of my favorite bags that I use a lot, I am gonna make a compact version of it soon.

_DSC4181 copy.jpg

This is one of the bestsellers, pretty popular pattern 

cover.jpg

Wow. Very nice work.

Greetings, that’s so spooky: I purchased your hybrid bag pattern 2 weeks ago, currently creating it in a veg tan & suede combination (black & grey) 

Pattern has been good to follow so far :)

1 minute ago, HaloJones said:

Greetings, that’s so spooky: I purchased your hybrid bag pattern 2 weeks ago, currently creating it in a veg tan & suede combination (black & grey) 

Pattern has been good to follow so far :)

woo hoo :) hello there! Glad everything is going well, use Etsy messaging if you have any questions, and definitely I wanna see the pictures when you're done :) that is an interesting combination.

Your design work is stunning. I definitely want to try my hand at that pattern in your first post someday.

Nice work. And doggo <3

Edited by Danne

thank you guys :)

I made some new stuff!

By the way I got Cyber Week going on in my Etsy shop, if anyone wanted some patterns it's good time :)

_DSC5572.jpg

_DSC5638.jpg

_DSC5631.jpg

Edited by karlova

Wonderful stuff. You certainly have an eye for design and you have learned well the value of excellent photography. Well done.

Absolutely love your design aesthetics and color choices.  You are definitely and artist!  So glad you share your stuff with us, very inspirational.

YinTx

Thanks so much folks!! :)

Tried to update my signature but that didn't work, anyway if anyone wants to follow me on Instagram or watch on Youtube, here are links:

https://www.youtube.com/c/karlovadesign

https://www.instagram.com/karlovadesign/

I also have a FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/karlovadesign

Edited by karlova