Well I got asked to make a biker/trucker wallet style.  And never tried before so here are the results.  I lined the outer 2 slots with deer skin and the back side too.  Did some basic basket weave and other stamping.    My stitching got a bit off on the machine which had to do with some errors on my part. But overall the result was ok and I had a happy client. Open to thoughts 

Ross 20210905_131246.jpg20210905_131136.jpg20210905_131231.jpg

20210905_131124.jpg

20210905_131114.jpg

20210905_131110.jpg

20210905_131208.jpg

20210905_131240.jpg

I then had another client a few days later want a basic black one just not as wide.  He had the previous one for 35 years.  Couldn't believe it held up that long.  Here's my attempt 20210909_134950.jpg20210909_134938.jpg 

20210911_192358.jpg

20210911_192352.jpg

20210911_192335.jpg

20210911_192322.jpg

That black wallet is bang on!   Lining up that armor scale stamp isn't easy. Nicely done.

YinTx

Both are very good work, i'll bet you will be making more once those get around a bit.

I haven't attempted any type of wallet yet.  Kind of intimidated by them.  I would have to stitch them by hand and not sure how clean they would look.  I tried to do a minimalist card holder and it looked like by 8 year old granddaughter put it together...oh it was a mess.  Those look great, and as you have already identified the errors during the first attempt, each attempt will allow you to get better.  Thanks for sharing!

20 hours ago, YinTx said:

That black wallet is bang on!   Lining up that armor scale stamp isn't easy. Nicely done.

YinTx

Well I've started to leave my magnifying visor on which helps a lot but makes me slower lol.  Thanks

20 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

Both are very good work, i'll bet you will be making more once those get around a bit.

Thanks chuck

2 minutes ago, PastorBob said:

I haven't attempted any type of wallet yet.  Kind of intimidated by them.  I would have to stitch them by hand and not sure how clean they would look.  I tried to do a minimalist card holder and it looked like by 8 year old granddaughter put it together...oh it was a mess.  Those look great, and as you have already identified the errors during the first attempt, each attempt will allow you to get better.  Thanks for sharing!

Lol.  Well I still make stuff that looks like a kindergartener gotnloose in the shop.   But like you mentioned keep going each attempt we learn and improve.  It's amazing how far we can get when we try 

6 minutes ago, Rossr said:

Well I've started to leave my magnifying visor on which helps a lot but makes me slower lol.  Thanks

I have one of those as well...another harbor freight sale bin purchase. For those occasions when the "readers" just aren't good enough.  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, PastorBob said:

I have one of those as well...another harbor freight sale bin purchase. For those occasions when the "readers" just aren't good enough.  :rolleyes:

lol i have to use both for the small stuff