RockyAussie

A liitle change to make a BIG differance on Cowboy sewing machines

9 hours ago, kgg said:

Nicely done.

kgg

Thanks @kgg I am quickly learning over the last couple of months how long parts don't last in a 3d printer. Its a Tronxy x5sa pro and I can get it to do good quality but the power supply fan, the parts cooling fan the extruder bearings amongst a few other parts have all needed replacing in this time. I will have to get another one pretty soon cause people just keep on ordering and I just can not get stock ready ahead let alone keeping up with my normal customer orders.

Hey Rocky, have ya thought about finding a wood worker to help with those molds, maybe even using an epoxy pour?? You have an awesome product,  seems there is a more efficient way to produce em

32 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

Thanks @kgg I am quickly learning over the last couple of months how long parts don't last in a 3d printer.

It does come to a point where the cost to repair is just not feasible either because of time or cost. The repairs seem to become more of a stop gap but more importantly those new parts put extra stress on the old parts which causes them to fail in a short period of time. This time I went with a Bambu X1 Carbon with the AMS system. I've only had it about two weeks and have gone through about six 2kg spools. So far it is really working out nice. Setup was simple say an hour to get decent prints and then about six hours of tuning the software to get what I like. The Bambu has cut print times down considerably, 16 hour bed slinger prints now take about 5 hours in the standard speed mode. I probably could get down to 3 using the ludacris speed mode.

11 minutes ago, Doc Reaper said:

You have an awesome product,  seems there is a more efficient way to produce em

The most cost effective way (time and material ) to produce @RockyAussie molds is with 3D printing and design changes can be made on the fly as needed. The beauty is that you set the 3D printer to print and walk away to do other things. Once the print is done, remove the print and hit start again. With the number and size of parts of his design he can do at least one complete mold and possibly two in one print run. Also the molds can be printing while he goes to have a bite to eat or sleeps. 

kgg

2 hours ago, Doc Reaper said:

Hey Rocky, have ya thought about finding a wood worker to help with those molds, maybe even using an epoxy pour?? You have an awesome product,  seems there is a more efficient way to produce em

I think @kgg pretty well answered that for me. Possibly if I had the printer he has I would be better off speed wise but either way not having a printer backup leaves me nervous at times. I hate not being able to get people what they pay for as quick as I say. If one of these parts go bang and I am left waiting for a replacement I would not sleep well. So far no body has had to wait more than a week luckily.

1 hour ago, kgg said:

It does come to a point where the cost to repair is just not feasible either because of time or cost. The repairs seem to become more of a stop gap but more importantly those new parts put extra stress on the old parts which causes them to fail in a short period of time. This time I went with a Bambu X1 Carbon with the AMS system. I've only had it about two weeks and have gone through about six 2kg spools. So far it is really working out nice. Setup was simple say an hour to get decent prints and then about six hours of tuning the software to get what I like. The Bambu has cut print times down considerably, 16 hour bed slinger prints now take about 5 hours in the standard speed mode. I probably could get down to 3 using the ludacris speed mode.

I have looked a little at the Bambu printer but I as yet nervous about the operating system not being open source exactly. I could do a lot more improvements on the one I have yet and with another new one I may be able to get time to do some of these changes.

6 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

but either way not having a printer backup leaves me nervous at times.

I know what you mean about what you mean about being nervous with one printer as sometimes stuff happens. When my Prusa MK3 decided to pack it in on an overnight print that left us with the Prusa MK3 Bear while we waited and waited and waited for the new Prusia core XY to arrive. The new Prusia was going to be expensive $5000 + CAD by the time we would get it versus $2200 CAD to the door for the Bambu. We had good service from the Prusia printers but they have I think fallen behind in both the customer service and the tech end while commanding a premium price. The Prusa MK3 Bear is now the backup if needed. The time, at least for us, of getting some spare parts (belt, head,etc)  just like the printer took three days. Doing mechanical adjustments or replacement is so simple in comparison to Prusia. 

6 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

I have looked a little at the Bambu printer but I as yet nervous about the operating system not being open source exactly.

This to gave me some concern but the Bambu P1P and the X1 Carbon are more like your fridge or toaster rather then the tinker machines of say just three years ago which required a fair bit of tweaking if you changed something. The P1P is the cheaper version of the X1 with a different controller, probably less capable and cheaper. A couple of features that I thought would be useless or not really necessary:

i) the camera inside the cabinet. Who really needs see it printing a part? It turned out to be a nice feature as we could remotely see what it was doing during a recent tweaking session. The the printer is one part of the house and the computer is in another part. 

ii) the wifi connection. We were use to doing the design, slicing then transferring the file to a card and bringing the card to the printer. Now do the design, slice and send it to the printer. Buy the time we get to the printer it is warming the plate up to temperature and doing it's self checks.

Should you decide to go with a Bambu P1P or X1 Carbon I would suggest using the ORCA slicer instead of the Bambu slicer as the ORCA has more fine grain tuning, better calibrations options and offers portable install option.

kgg

@RockyAussie Thanks for the hookup...!  I just sent my money to Jess.  Can't wait to get the narrow needle plate/feed dog and open toe foot for my CB3200.  It is so nice when people go out of their way to help the community of like minded folks.

Thanks again,
Mike