DrmCa

The 12c repair of the rubber feet

Having seen Uwe's 3D-printed feet and having contemplated doing the same, I bought a spool of Ninjaflex and showed the design to a family member who is proficient with CAD, but they are busy.

So, in the mean time I have to use the machine, and having to lift up the body every time I have to slide open the bobbin compartment drives me nuts.

Well, keep in mind that Canada had gotten rid of the penny, some years back, and that I still have a coffee can full of them...

In the end it cost me exactly 12 cents, to fix the feet: one stack of 2 under each of the rear feet and two stacks of 2 under each of the front. These were the best 12 cents that I have ever spent, as now the bobbin cover slides out freely. Whew!

aaaaah , well to be honest I have no idea what you are taking about - 3d printing Uwes feet, lift machine, bobbin compartments, 2 cents, fix the feet?

Sorry I have no picture of what you mean :dunno:

Ah! Sorry! These:

s-l1600.jpg

I've put my pennies under these feet, between them and the fiberboard of the tabletop.

Edited by DrmCa

As long as it works for you,we use scrap leather since we still use pennies here :rofl: