Danne

Price for a new FAV with two motors?

I'm waiting for answer for a new skiving machine Fratelli Alberti with two motors. (Single phase and no vacuum) I understand that the price are different in different parts of the world (I'm from Europe) but would be interesting to know the approximate price. Anyone know? 

13 hours ago, mike02130 said:

You'll have to email them for a price.  They're a whole lotta Krona.

http://www.campbell-randall.com/public/index.php/shop/skiving-machines

I would probably need a price from someone who bought it in Europe. I looked at Campbell Randall's FAV AV2TE and it looks like they only buy the head from Fratelli Alberti, the table and foot pedal is not FAV, and so probably not the motors either. (I don't say they use low quality components, just that their might be a huge difference in price)

I've got one of Dan's dual motor FAV AV2TE. It's a fantastic machine but if I did it again I'd forgo the second motor. Like a vacuum system, I don't think they're necessary at all outside of extensive production work. You'll get good enough at the machine within a few months that slowing down the feed becomes irrelevant.  

12 minutes ago, nycnycdesign said:

I've got one of Dan's dual motor FAV AV2TE. It's a fantastic machine but if I did it again I'd forgo the second motor. Like a vacuum system, I don't think they're necessary at all outside of extensive production work. You'll get good enough at the machine within a few months that slowing down the feed becomes irrelevant.  

Isn't AV2TE (Only head with dual motors?) Because the one I asked for the price is AV2ME. (Or they will ask if it's possible to buy everything without the table, because I don't need it, but from the photos I don't think it makes a big difference in price, because it's a very simple table. And from people I have talked to (Not the exact same configuration and different countries) I guess the price will be in the range of 4-4500euro. But I update here when I know.

Edited by Danne

Hi Danne, Have you looked at one with a clutch instead of 2 motors??

Hey there!  I recently started looking into the price for a new FAV with two motors too. It's wild how much variation there is in prices across different platforms.

Go to the website (https://www.fratellialberti.com/en/) and fill out the form about the machine you are interested in. You have to wait a few days for the answer.
There are also Italian sellers who sell these products.
But be careful, apart from the price you also need consumables after some time of operation. If the seller is not reliable, he will give them to you at unrealistic prices.
Don't rush to buy if you don't have cheap parts.
Italian sellers generally have very good prices on branded parts and many times cheaper, than Chinese ones.
I don't know if we are allowed on the site to give seller addresses.

Edited by xnikolaos

Experienced shoemakers in Greece prefer a single motor and continuous operation of bell knife and feed wheel because they want speed in similar materials.
Hobbyists and smaller manufacturers prefer a separate motor (clutch motor) for the bell knife and another motor (servo motor) for the feed wheel for greater accuracy. 

A good portable industrial vacuum cleaner with a nozzle does the rest of the job accurately. You don't need an integrated hood (vacuum).

DSC_5640.jpg

DSC_5659.jpg

DSC_5654.jpg

Edited by xnikolaos

On 9/24/2023 at 4:04 PM, xnikolaos said:

Experienced shoemakers in Greece prefer a single motor and continuous operation of bell knife and feed wheel because they want speed in similar materials. You can also compare prices at Priceva.
Hobbyists and smaller manufacturers prefer a separate motor (clutch motor) for the bell knife and another motor (servo motor) for the feed wheel for greater accuracy. 

A good portable industrial vacuum cleaner with a nozzle does the rest of the job accurately. You don't need an integrated hood (vacuum).

DSC_5640.jpg

DSC_5659.jpg

DSC_5654.jpg

Thanks for the info. For now I’ll look at local markets, but if anything happens I’ll use your option.