Sign in to follow this  
bruce johnson

meander stamp

This is the only meander stamp I own. I generally don't care for them. A buddy sent me a scan of some stamping tools Don Butler used to make. I saw a likeness of this stamp and remarked that it was the only meander that looked like I might want. Few days later this old McMillen showed up on ebay. It has a little different base (arched rather than flat) which I found interesting, and the little groove with the dots at each end was kind of cool.

It arrives and my wife has it open and played with it before I got home. She showed me what she did. If you want to do something with a tool that it is not designed for, give it to my wife. I am attaching a scan of the stamp, a quick border done with it, and her two renditions of a geometric pattern with it. BTW, the geometric patterns cover some acreage in a hurry. No real names for them yet, but I am calling them the "Rundi shell" and the "Rundi snowflake".

Meander__Large_.jpg

Meander_001__Medium_.jpg

Meander_004__Medium_.jpg

Meander_005__Medium_.jpg

post-29-1192596799_thumb.jpg

post-29-1192596843_thumb.jpg

post-29-1192596868_thumb.jpg

post-29-1192596889_thumb.jpg

i like the patern you got going on the last pic never thought about using a snake stamp like that, thanks for sharing and giving me some new ideas, Don

After seeing this, I'm going to have to play with mine and see what other stamping patterns I can come up with. Thanks for the photos!

Kate

Thanks Clay, now I've got to go spend some more money..LOL

Ken

Clay??? What did I do????

Blame Bruce and Rundi this time :innocent:

We knew you had a guilty conscience ... lol

He's gotta go spend more money on doughnuts, 'cause you ate 'em all - AGAIN!

Kate

Why is everybody picking on me????? Rundi started this by using the dang stamp wrong!!! I think she is gonna owe me a drink in Sheridan nest year. The rest of you need to leave me alone, I have had a traumatic week already. A trip to the emergence room, next day the hospital, and 2 visits with a urologist. And if that last visit to the urologist wasn't demoralizing enough, he told me I need to give up cafiene, chocolate, and salt! That should be enough for anyone, but on top of that I DONT get to go to Fort Worth. Don't you think I deserve an extra doughnut??? Heck, I think I deserve that drink right now!!!!

That's really nice stuff Bruce. Now it's got me stinkin thinkin of what i can come up with.

Clay, Clay, Clay, no matter how hard you try , you'll never find happiness in the bottom of a doughnut box.

Clay,

Wow, sounds like no fun, I just get things like dislocations, rotater cuff tears, and the latest was viral encephalitis (probably not West Nile). Since Rundi caused the problems with misuse of a tool, she is definitely on the hook for either a breakfast or beverage. BTW, I just finished stamping a shaving kit, and I am sitting here drinking my 3rd cup of coffee, eating a chocolate drizzled rice crispie treat, and bacon. If you want to take Rundi up on that drink before Sheridan, we will be in Denver starting next Friday for a week or s0. Before we go, I am trying to sneak a soft purse in for her with that snowflake pattern on the yoke. I have some water buffalo calf that is nice, and some peanut brittle colored elephant that would work.

Clay, sorry to hear about all the medical problems. All I can think of though, is it was probably better to see a urinologist, rather than a proctologist.

As for salt. I quite using it 4 1/2 years ago, and have never missed it, the coffee on the other hand...NEVER EVER going to quit, how else does an old man wake up in the morning.

Ken

Auch Clay sounds bad hope things get well soon very soon, Don

Hey everyone, thanks for the sympathy, but I am ok. Done with the doctors (hopefully for a long time) Now why doesn't everyone go pick on Rundi for starting this all, or better yet, make her join the forum and defend herself.

Awwww... we just pick on people we like. Glad to hear you're done with the docs for awhile.

Kate

Good to hear you're ok. I agree, we need Rundi to share her creativity. Maybe she'll just meander by here. Later gang.......

The "Rundi Shell" resembles a honeycomb, or maybe snake scales. I really like the quilted snowflake. That would be nice on a portfolio or saddle. I've been looking for Rundi, but I haven't seen her in the validation queue yet. We need folks that think out of the box, rather than EAT out of the box. (Hey, Clay, hope you are feeling better soon!)

Johanna