Drac

papa's got a brand new bag...

this one was one big headache from start to finish for some reason. enlarged the soft sides a bit from the first one and added a liner. used a background tool on the design to see how that would come out. I like it. now can anyone tell me what's special about the tooled design? heh heh heh

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

post-5673-1205283772_thumb.jpg

post-5673-1205283780_thumb.jpg

Nice, and interesting pattern... but I don't see what is special about the tooled design. Let a few others see it before you tell but I'll be waiting for the answer. :)

Nice one brudda!

That leather on the side looks so soft and nice.

Really short of imagination right now but think I can see a happy figure on the top design or perhaps you just spelled dye wrong?

I second Larry, wait with the revealing. I'll go and sleep a bit between.

Tom

Nifty! hmmm looks like a mirrored word.... How big do you make those?

thats the brightest pink i've seen in a long while....thats better i put my sunglasses on...lol

tom

the side leather is garment leather from tandy. I like the look and feel of the garment leather they were getting a bit better, but this new stuff isn't bad and it seems to sew a bit better on my kenmore. and see banwell's post for the word. :P

tangent

the tooled side is 25 1/2" long. the first one of these I made I used half of an 8" diameter circle and 7" straight sides (leading up from the diamter of the circle. that make any sense?), but with this one I used half of a 9" circle instead with the 7" straight sides since on the first one the soft sides were pulled a little tight. think I'm gonna try 8 1/2" on the next one.

banwell

congrats! you win a no-prize! (extra credit if ya can tell me where that's from. heh heh heh)

roo

tell me about it! it's the fiebing's "ox blood". I was expecting it to be more of a dark blood red when I first saw it. glad they showed in the store first! decided it would be good though on some things. wow, me, doing colors. who'd athunk it?

Good looking bag bro. I like it. So what Kenmore you have? I am thing of getting a Boss but want to know if it's worth the $$$ mula.

the kenmore is a model 385.15108200. it'll do 3-4 layers of garment leather without much of a prob and I've done 2 oz leather with a layer of garment without any real probs. it's what I used on the 2 wallets until I got to the piece that goes around the edge. I like my boss for the most part. it does have a few quirks ya gotta get used to, but I'm mostly happy with mine. if I coulda found a powered machine that would do what the boss does for less than 1500, I probably woulda gone for it though just for the time it would save me and having 2 hands free. and a reverse would be nice too for backstitching. *L*