sinpac

Help Please. What The Heck Happen And How Do I Fix It?

The machine is a Singer 211g155. I set the stitch length and was going a long fine then I heard a pop and this is what I am looking at now.

Chris

post-25805-0-67621600-1405121949_thumb.j

I'm not a pro by any means, but I'm pretty sure that square tab on the left of the hook assy needs to go under the plate, Take the 2 screws out and look under it. You should see a notch that it fits into.

Rotate it back under and screw it back down and see if that works.

Here's an online copy of the manual for this.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/522852/Singer-211g155.html?page=6#manual

On page 6 it shows this area. I can't tell what's going on with yours but it looks as if something isn't quite right.

I'm not a pro by any means, but I'm pretty sure that square tab on the left of the hook assy needs to go under the plate, Take the 2 screws out and look under it. You should see a notch that it fits into.

Rotate it back under and screw it back down and see if that works.

That was it. Thank you

Here's an online copy of the manual for this.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/522852/Singer-211g155.html?page=6#manual

On page 6 it shows this area. I can't tell what's going on with yours but it looks as if something isn't quite right.

Hi Sylvia,

I got that back where it goes but now it won't pick up the thread.

Chris

That sounds like it's slipped time....

The hook should be fairly close by the needle as the needle starts to travel upwards, so it can catch the loop the thread makes.

If you machine has a safety clutch protecting the bobbin mechanism, it may have been tripped. Unthread the needle. Hold down the button on the bed of the machine, nearest the bobbin area and rotate the handwheel away from you, in a clockwise direction. The clutch should re-engage, if that was the problem. Check the hook to eye of needle timing and then rethread the machine.

In the future, hold back the ends of the thread at the beginning of any stitching. Watch you thread patch to ensure that the top thread doesn't get doubled around something it isn't supposed to wrap around. Also, watch the thread at the upper tension disks, to make sure it stays down near the center. Mine popped up out of the middle yesterday and all the top tension was gone with the wind. I ended up feeding the thread under the little steel stud on the right side of the tension disks, then up and around the disks. It isn't gonna pop out of there again!

If you machine has a safety clutch protecting the bobbin mechanism, it may have been tripped.

That precisely what happened. I guess I excepted the Singer 211G (which I just got last weekend) to act like my Consew 225. Thanks Wiz.

Chris

Thank everyone for the help with this problem.