I think this is the first real thing I'm proud of producing. Used 2/3oz Hermann Oak Vegtan, Fiebings Pro Walnut Dye, and Brown .6 Ritza 25.

8u2GagX.jpg

SbQxaE1.jpg

Ck8GIXe.jpg

QyoRhJu.jpg

Man how the lighting affects the color in the picture...

l4MlhWW.jpg

Edited by Tokarsky

Looks good! Very clean lines, nice and straight. :) And I feel your pain with the lighting!!

Nice burnish!

Beautiful! And wonderful burnish. Mind sharing how you did it?

Beautiful! And wonderful burnish. Mind sharing how you did it?

Thanks. So obvious step one is to cut and glue all the pieces as close to perfect prior to stitching. After stitching, I even up all the edges with my dremel and a sanding bit. I then use an overpriced tandy edge beveler to edge the now floppy edge corners. Next, and I hated to admit to myself that this made a difference was wet sanding by hand with 400 grit paper... I always thought wet sanding was pointless, I was wrong and dumb. After that moisten with gum trag and hit it with my "ghetto-cocobolo" dremel burnisher http://i.imgur.com/4UV1TfJ.jpg that gets it pretty good, but the last thing I started doing was rubbing some plain beeswax right on the edge and using some canvas to make it hard and shiny. Hope that helps.

I just bought that Walnut color and have been very content with the shade. Nice work....keep it up!