Artimus

Slow Down A Servo On A Singer 111W155

Just installed a Servo on the Singer 111W155. I've got it set to the lowest speed (9) and lowest max speed. (2).

(odd numbering system for the servos, by the way.)

I want the machine to crawl. It's still too fast. Short of paying another $120 - $150 for a reducer pulley (and going through another install, belt purchase, adjustments, etc. etc. ) is there something else I can do to slow this down to a crawl?

Maybe a smaller pulley on the servo?

Suggestions?

Artie

Mascon Leather

Or a larger pulley on the machine, . . . usually pretty hard to do.

May God bless,

Dwight

Do a search here or on YouTube. There are a number of threads on how to do this.

You didn't say what make and model of servo motor, what size pullet you have now. Usually anything beyond using the smallest pulley involves making a modified interrupter paddle for the optical control.

Tom... this is the motor ---> CONSEW BRUSHLESS SERVO MOTOR CS1000 FOR INDUSTRIAL SEWING MACHINES 3/4HP

I've seen the youtubes of how someone's done the variant shading on the paper and stuck it to the (???)... I'm assuming that's the Modified interrupter paddle?

Will that make it go SLOWER, though? I thought that just gave you more speed options up and down. I assumed if the lowest speed I could get was, say, "10" (<---made up speed here), but I want it to go down to say, "5", if I modified the paddle, it would still just start at the lowest, "10", and be able to move up ward. Do you think with this modification I coiuld go LOWER than the lowest speed now?

I personally think a smaller motor pulley (2" or smaller) and the addition of a speed reducer is the best way to slow down sewing speed. You also have more torque when you add a speed reducer.

Constabulary, where would you suggest getting a reducer? I've seen people mentioning $120.00, but everywhere i look they're more like $150 - $160.

You might consider getting a different servo-motor. For about the same money you could get a Family FESM-550S Variable speed servo-motor. At the slowest dial setting I can single-cycle the needle.

The mod will not slow it down lower than its lowest speed. It does make the control of that speed smoother and easier to sew slowly.

As others said, 2" or smaller pulley and speed reducer, combined with the mod you found, is the way to go.

Many LW member also have DIY speed reducers made from a shaft 2 pulleys, pedestal bearings or something likely. Depends on your access to proper parts, tools and skills. I´m sure you´ll find some nice ideas when you search the forum for speed reducer. Just an idea...