100_1809.jpg

Still working on my carving skills. This turned out ok i think. It was fun making it.

Nice. Keep up the good work. If I can add one thing. Those edges look kind of sharp. You might want to round them off slightly. But all in all nice.

Nice. Keep up the good work. If I can add one thing. Those edges look kind of sharp. You might want to round them off slightly. But all in all nice.

Thanks for the Advice! I appreciate the feedback.

Very cool looking skulls. Nice job coloring it, too.

Yeah I like it! Brave touch with the colours. I picture this in my mind and think it won't work but seeing it I just love it. Brain is a tricky thing.

I also wanna add a pointer about edges and that is to don't go to near them with the carving. It can produce a bulge on the edge and also it looks better with some space to the edge, the carving pops out a bit more I think.

Keep it up and keep 'em coming!

Tom

Sweet stuff. I do love the skulls. Wristbands are freak'n fun. Just like belts. I'm still trying a few things but I have had fun in the process. Glad you are too. More more more....

nice skulls, like the white against the black best

Sweet stuff. I do love the skulls. Wristbands are freak'n fun. Just like belts. I'm still trying a few things but I have had fun in the process. Glad you are too. More more more....

I was just thinking it would be a good idea for a week-end contest of sorts....a wrist-band contest...just to show off. Watcha think??

I was going to make all three skulls white, but it was my wife who suggested the different colors. Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm still learning, and GREATLY appreciate the input.

Anyone have any advice on how much to charge for something like this? I have had some people ask me to make some for them, But I have no idea what i should charge.

Alph,

Good job! With those edges beveled and slicked I'd say $10-12.00. Check and see if that falls in the calculation arena of material x 3 or 4= selling price. Don't sell yourself short. You have a custom product with your name/maker's mark on it that will have value to the owner as "made for them".

$0.02 worth. :cheers:

Indy

Edited by indypbear

Yeah, I think Indy is right. I have charged 25 but it was for a more detailed wristband. Custom is custom though and not a mass produced item. That is what I sell also.

Yeah, I think Indy is right. I have charged 25 but it was for a more detailed wristband. Custom is custom though and not a mass produced item. That is what I sell also.

Spider,

CA has a different gold standard. Everything costs twice as much there doughnchano:)

indy

Well, I charge enough just to pay my gas to the leather store.....LOL jk