My wife used to overload her old Burla and therefore broke the handle. She wasn`t too happy with the repair because I'd used two shiny rivets.

So "NO RIVETS!" I memorized for a new start on a new Groudhog Day and made a new bag - without any rivets, everything sewn by hand. I had some issues though sewing that flexible motorcycle stuff I used, but - main thing - she is pleased with the outcome.

I liked the idea of folding a rectangle into a zipped bag, but I think that I will cut off the corners one of these Groundhog Days in order to leave space for a sewn in handle which would allow me to do without the metal rings and without folding the (already longitudinally) folded handle.

In the foreground there is some stuff I experimented with recently: fivestrand bracelets (insppired by a recent discussion here on LWnet) and several cuff items. The crossed closure straps could also be worn parralel which makes for two different wrist sizes.

Thanks to Richard Black`s Youtube Video I finally learned to close the double Loop stitching around an object properly.

Critique, advice and admiration always welcome!

post-16527-0-01575100-1438423679_thumb.j

Good Looking Items...Very Nice!

All very nice.

Very nice, everything.

I like your solution at the top of the bag where you attached the straps.

Thank you all for your kind words!

Explanatory remarks:

- "Burla" should have been "Furla". I'm trying currently to learn some Spanish, so I got my wires crossed: "Burla" means the fun one makes of so./sth.

- "Groundhog Day": I recently saw the movie of the same title for the umpteenth time (Bill Murray living one and the same day again and again and memorizing the habits and proclivities of Andie McDowell bit by bit).

I think those all look very professional. I'm sure your wife is very proud of that bag.

Thanks, Bob. My wife instantly took the bag into operation. The only thing she complains about is the lack of inner compartments.

I guess you now know the next area of bag construction you are going to work on!