Howdy all

happy sunday to you .

here are some items for your viewing.

1. I phone case with Snake in lay and mag closer berry concho.

2. ipod case with chap on-lay and vintage scroll lining. note the two methods of gusset side and the lip side.

3. felt hat brown beaver felt and hat band .

4. frontier hand forged knife and a sheath ranger style. [a

all are air brushed finish.

thanks Josh

all three 1.jpg

Hat case knife 1.jpg

them open.jpg

two of them.jpg

Josh with stuff.jpg

side.jpg

post-6549-125528483232_thumb.jpg

post-6549-125528490319_thumb.jpg

post-6549-125528492955_thumb.jpg

post-6549-125528494109_thumb.jpg

post-6549-125528495299_thumb.jpg

post-6549-125528496625_thumb.jpg

Edited by jbird

You_Rock_Emoticon.gifYou_Rock_Emoticon.gifYou_Rock_Emoticon.gif Howdy Josh

flat out awesome work there buddy love the inlay work and love the knife also

great work bud keep it up

Tim

Tim

thanks a lot buddy I really had fun with these pieces and I thought the hat turned out ok to didnt you.

Josh

PS

and it fit me pretty good oh well got to ship it off.

Edited by jbird

Josh

id be proud to wear a hat like that You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Tim

It doesn't seem very long since you were making your first few belts and wondering where the next bit of leather was coming from... Don't things change!

Nice work, Josh. I particularly like your snake inlay. I'm fooling around with some at the moment and can't get it to lay properly. I think I'll drop round for some lessons.

Ray

YOU HAVE CAME A LONG WAY :grouphug5vj5: ALL THE ITEMS LOOK GREAT....... :clapping:

Edited by Luke Hatley

Ray

I was just thinking that yesterday and I said to the little lady how things can change and I do know you Hatleys have been a great help so again thanks old buddy.

PS

I don't think you need any help from me lol but any time you want to chat.

Luke

thanks my friend you inspired me.

Josh

Edited by jbird

Nice smooth edges, clean lines, and do I see a bit of airbrushing going on there, too? Hey, question: what are you using to clip on the cell phone, and how did you go about attaching it?

Kate

Josh, your work is looking very professional! The case with the snake inlay is absolutely over the top!

Keep up the great work!

Wait, you made the hat too????? Now that IS cool!

Josh you kick tail!  I really like the formed case with the snake skin! Very tigh and solidly Western! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::clapping::notworthy::clapping::notworthy:

Kate

thanks a lot yes I airbrush all my pieces I worked as a airbrush artist for a company a couple years ago.

I will post some pics of the back I have a pretty cool way of attaching the spring clips.

Nice smooth edges, clean lines, and do I see a bit of airbrushing going on there, too? Hey, question: what are you using to clip on the cell phone, and how did you go about attaching it?

Kate

Hilly

thanks a lot I am glad you like it.

Josh, your work is looking very professional! The case with the snake inlay is absolutely over the top!

Keep up the great work!

Tim

thanks for the kind words and yes I dabble in hat making.

Wait, you made the hat too????? Now that IS cool!

Storm

I was trying for every thing you said so thanks.

Josh you kick tail!  I really like the formed case with the snake skin! Very tigh and solidly Western! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::clapping::notworthy::clapping::notworthy:

Yeah did a good job. I like the look of that knife sheath, it just has a cool apeal.

On the wet forming did you use a press or just a block and finger/hand tool work? Came out real nice.

Yeah did a good job. I like the look of that knife sheath, it just has a cool apeal.

On the wet forming did you use a press or just a block and finger/hand tool work? Came out real nice.

Thanks max

I use a block and wet forming tools for most is a good set of hands.

Josh

I will post some pics of the back I have a pretty cool way of attaching the spring clips.

Yes, I would very much like to see that. I've been trying to make a cell phone holster very similar to the one you have made (except without that classy inlay), and I am kinda stumped on how to get the spring clip installed without making it really difficult to stitch the body together.

Kate

Kate

I will

throw up some pics tonight on the spring clip.

Josh

PS

are you hand or machine sewing?

Kate

I will

throw up some pics tonight on the spring clip.

Josh

PS

are you hand or machine sewing?

Cool - thanks. I'm sewing by hand.

Kate

these are really great...thanks for the pics

Those are really nice. Did you make that knife, too? I've been looking for a knife made along those lines.

Josh,

Wow really nice work all the way around! Just awesome. The airbrush work is exactly what I have been wanting to do on my upcoming saddle project, sort of a Gibson guitar sunburst effect. I have played with the block dying but that hasn't given me what I am looking for. Time to fire up the compressor and practice practice with the air brush i guess. I can only hope to get near the same results as you. Really beautiful work Josh

Looking forward to seeing how you did the clip too.

Oh and hey can we see just the knife out of the sheath? I do a little of that kind of stuff too.

Tim

Tim

Thanks for the kind words and input.

as for the air brushing I cant say enough about how it makes all the difference in a piece of work.

Josh,

Wow really nice work all the way around! Just awesome. The airbrush work is exactly what I have been wanting to do on my upcoming saddle project, sort of a Gibson guitar sunburst effect. I have played with the block dying but that hasn't given me what I am looking for. Time to fire up the compressor and practice practice with the air brush i guess. I can only hope to get near the same results as you. Really beautiful work Josh

Looking forward to seeing how you did the clip too.

Oh and hey can we see just the knife out of the sheath? I do a little of that kind of stuff too.

Tim

Howdy all

so here is the back its a sleeve it glues and rivets in I really like the look and the strength it offers.

Joshback.jpg

Glad you like Caroline.

these are really great...thanks for the pics

Thanks Somawas

yes I made the knife as well.

Those are really nice. Did you make that knife, too? I've been looking for a knife made along those lines.

post-6549-125540361453_thumb.jpg

so here is the back its a sleeve it glues and rivets in I really like the look and the strength it offers.

That's not going to go anywhere anytime soon. And it looks sharp, too. Thanks for the tip!

Kate