Sign in to follow this  
outcast

Solo seat

I built this seat on a pan I made out of 12 gauge stainless steel, tig welded hardware, and polished to shine. The top, and bottom leather is 5-6oz. Royal Meadow cowhide laced together with 1/4" kangaroo in a mexican basketweave pattern. I sewed a pocket on the bottom for registration papers. It's going on a 67' Ironhead Sportster. The customer provided the design, and requested all black. It's the first time I've done scallops in one solid color.

jimsseat019.jpg

jimsseat022.jpg

jimsseat031.jpg

Edited by outcast

Damn good lookin. I can't wait to cut my teeth on my first seat! Keep up the good work!

Oh yeah! That's a good lookin blackpiece and I love that big fat mexibraid.

Did you get to make the pattern yourself? The design looks like there's some thought behind how to make it pop with black colour.

Nice work and tooling!

Tom

great idea with the pocket. Really nice looking seat and it still looks great black. Very clean look and work. What else you got , i wanna see more.....

That looks very cool. I love the clean look of the letters and the way you textured around the connection points on the back. Killer look.

Oh yeah! That's a good lookin blackpiece and I love that big fat mexibraid.

Did you get to make the pattern yourself? The design looks like there's some thought behind how to make it pop with black colour.

Nice work and tooling!

Tom

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I really appreciate it. Tom, the customer provided the design, and said he wanted black. At first I didn't know how I was gonna pull it off with one color. I did have to put a little thought into it. I can only work with one shade of black, so texture was the only option available to define the artwork, and make it pop a bit.

Well Steve, you definately made it pop, this looks real good black, one of the best I've seen in black. Great job on the lacing.

Ken

Fantastic job on the lettering! Simple design yet really stands out and grabs your attention. Great job!

Very nice looking seat. The tooling on the lettering is terrific.

Thanks for showing us.

Dave Theoebald

Now this is great work. Tooling, color and lacing are all awesome.