Jlcoffey

How To I Stamp/ Engrave Like This?

From what I can see, . . . it looks like a steel stamp set.

They are used for stamping metal mostly, . . . but I've used them on leather, . . . mine don't look perfectly like that, . . . but close.

It could also be an engraver. I used to have one, . . . it used a bit something like a little drill bit, . . . very high speed, . . . did a beautiful job on leather, wood, plastics.

My machine was similar to this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Hermes-IM-3-GM-3-Operating-Instructions-Manual-11pages-/251794664682?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa021acea

It would duplicate that perfectly.

May God bless,

Dwight

X3 for laser engraving

Karina

X4 on the lazer

Most likely laser engraved, yes. You could probably get a reasonably similar result using some kind of heat stamping though. There is definitely heat involved to get the letters so crisp and black like that.

i work with a laser and it looks like that to me... but i also am wondering what you will find at that map location??

geo tracking.... or a top secret restaurant??

Dwight.. Do you remember what size/type of bit you used on the engraver. I have one and have been playing with it but still not 100% satisfied with the results.

You can achieve a similar look by printing the text in reverse on a laser printer, then apply toner side down and swab with acetone, then rub with a creaser to transfer the toner. Once dry it is pretty tough and can be sealed with a WATER BASED sealer like Resolene.

It's not engraved but very legible. It's essentially laser printing on leather.

geo tracking.... or a top secret restaurant??

Pretty close to some excellent wineries..been there...done that!

Cya!

Bob

Edited by BDAZ

Dwight.. Do you remember what size/type of bit you used on the engraver. I have one and have been playing with it but still not 100% satisfied with the results.

Most of the time I used the 1/16" bit. The shaft of the bits on my machine were all 1/8, . . . but the cutting end was a different size, . . . and the 1/16 was the one I'm pretty sure I used.

For leather, . . . it has to be sharp, . . . and you have to go slow.

May God bless,

Dwight

What tip size? .010 or bigger?

What tip size? .010 or bigger?

The shaft size was 1/8 and the tip size was 1/16, . . . those were the smallest I could get then.

May God bless,

Dwight