Sign in to follow this  
BearMan

Wallet similar to Roper style

Here is a wallet I just finished. The person wanted a place for a checkbook register, to keep track of his Debit card use, & also some slots for a few credit cards. It's made out of some 5oz Zack White leather. The Oak leaves match Guitar pick guard, I made for him, on one side, & a holster I made for him on the other. It measures 6 1/2" X 7 1/4" open. It had a coat of oil, a few hours of "Sun Tanning" , background is a diluted down Med. brown, with 2 coats of a NeatLac replacement & one coat of TanKote. I may still do a "Sheridan" antique to it,,, haven't decided yet. Yes,,, No?? Thanks for looking! Ed the"BearMan"

Beary_s_Wallet_end_GOOD_2.jpg

Beary_s_Wallet_Back_GOOD.jpg

Beary_s_Wallet_GOOD___Copy.jpg

Beary_s_Wallet_inside_good.jpg

post-7175-1240601765_thumb.jpg

post-7175-1240601787_thumb.jpg

post-7175-1240601826_thumb.jpg

post-7175-1240601844_thumb.jpg

Nice job Ed! You added a lot of depth to the pattern by letting it wander outside the borders. I really like that, it's thinking outside the box! Good job on the leaves. I think it would look good antiqued Sheridan Brown, but you might lose a little contrast....so,I don't know...looks pretty good now!

I had to edit Ed, because I just noticed the EDGES!!!!!!! :eusa_naughty: (still a good job though!). :lol:

Bob

Edited by hidepounder

very nice bilfold..THE CARVING IS EXCELLENT.......... :thumbsup:

Ed

That's very nice thanks for sharing

Josh

Awesome tooling and colors :thumbsup:

Your work is always beautiful, wood or leather...I have to ask, what did you use to get the that color, I love the depth and the warm tones in it :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Nice style, great tooling!

Kevin

Hi Tina, & Thanks!!

For the background it's Febings, Medium brown, diluted 2 to 1 with alcohol. The rest of it is, just some oil,,, & about 5 hours in the sun. Ed

Awesome tooling and colors :thumbsup:

Your work is always beautiful, wood or leather...I have to ask, what did you use to get the that color, I love the depth and the warm tones in it :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Bear man

very nice lookin wallet love the way oak leaves carve no matter what your carving them in i just wish i could carve half that good but i dont have the time nor the cash to be doing it all the time but oh well ill keep carving tho LOL

Cowboy316

I very much like yours wallet. Cool design and colour. :thumbsup:

Nice job, Ed! I adore oak leaves, and you did yours proud.

Hilly