Kevin King

Dia De Los Muertos-Spanish Bride

Lots of dead animals in this one!

Body of wallet is buffalo, flowers around the head are burgundy lizard, gold colored ribbon is ostrich leg, eye is african bullfrog, red flower on head is african bullfrog, pearl necklace is white lizard, white face is lamb, and the black leathers are various cowides.

xbride.jpg

xbride2.jpg

xbride4.jpg

xbride5.jpg

xbride6.jpg

post-3955-12651599007_thumb.jpg

post-3955-126515991824_thumb.jpg

post-3955-126515994005_thumb.jpg

post-3955-126515995763_thumb.jpg

post-3955-126515997674_thumb.jpg

DAMN! That is sweet, Kevin! Glad to see you back.

Shoot! Darn and Geehosafat! :jawdropper: You really do some sweet work. The interior is right on the money!!!! Oh ya....Holy Mother of God! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Storm

Fantastic work as always, Kevin! Long time no see, but glad to see you back.

Just when I think I'm getting saturated with all the variety of excellence on this site along comes something like this.

Awesome!! You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Great work. What kind of material is the lining and where would one get some? Good to see you back here and CC.

Wow! Well that's jus slicker than butter on a cats fanny!

Kevin, I really like the way you do your edges and the inside of the cover. Looks way cool.

I think I went through your tutorial on making a wallet like this and plan to try one soon.

Keep posting and inspiring me. THANKS.

That is motivating me, un be leav able, I'd been thinking about embroidery, but that is another level.

Guys! Thanks a bunch for the kind words and compliments! About 15 hours went into this one.

Levi, the lining material is some store-bought stuff from Joannes fabric.

KK

Guys! Thanks a bunch for the kind words and compliments! About 15 hours went into this one.

Levi, the lining material is some store-bought stuff from Joannes fabric.

KK

That is a work of art, really incredible.

I am pretty new to this sight and to leatherwork so please excuse my ignorance but is the whole wallet hand stiched, even the embroidery?

Thanks for sharing your work.

thats i so cool great work

dscott

Can i call ya Ray? My main man Ray, that is just freakin intensely insane, King !!!! I love everything about it brotha. You didn't pull any punches on this one, and it shows. You stated about 15 hours. Is that cutting a stitching time? I'm guessing you've got mad hours just laying it all out and deciding on what material (form of exotic) to use and where. Love it Kevin, freakin love it !!!! Oh yea, one last thing. What machine do you use again? LOL !!

Good to see your work again, King !!

Welcome back and impressive as always

That's really something. Where do you get your different leathers from?

That is a work of art, really incredible.

I am pretty new to this sight and to leatherwork so please excuse my ignorance but is the whole wallet hand stiched, even the embroidery?

Thanks for sharing your work.

Thanks shehog, all the stitching is machine stitched...most of the inlays/overlays i didn't even turn the machine on, so, in a way its all hand stitched...one stitch at a time.

Can i call ya Ray? My main man Ray, that is just freakin intensely insane, King !!!! I love everything about it brotha. You didn't pull any punches on this one, and it shows. You stated about 15 hours. Is that cutting a stitching time? I'm guessing you've got mad hours just laying it all out and deciding on what material (form of exotic) to use and where. Love it Kevin, freakin love it !!!! Oh yea, one last thing. What machine do you use again? LOL !!

Good to see your work again, King !!

Freak you nailed it. 15 hours is just the working time. I spent a lot of time just staring at this thing trying to figure out how I wanted to do it. There were days I just couldnt work on it because it hurt my head.

That's really something. Where do you get your different leathers from?

I get diff things from diff places, a lot I get from Kevin in Springfield but others I get from a couple diff places in cali.

Saw this on the chopper forum and had to come over here to comment on it. Amazing wallet. Great work with all that stitching and use of so many different leathers.

This is Pimp Kevin. Great work brother.

Lots of dead animals in this one!

Body of wallet is buffalo, flowers around the head are burgundy lizard, gold colored ribbon is ostrich leg, eye is african bullfrog, red flower on head is african bullfrog, pearl necklace is white lizard, white face is lamb, and the black leathers are various cowides.

That is so hot on so many levels. Always knocking them out of the park Kevin!!!

Dammit - now I have even more Kevin King floating around inside my head as to what to do on a cue case........

Saw this on the chopper forum and had to come over here to comment on it. Amazing wallet. Great work with all that stitching and use of so many different leathers.

Thank ya brutha! Yep this one definately hurt my head trying to figure out how to do everything I wanted.

This is Pimp Kevin. Great work brother.

Thanks bro.

That is so hot on so many levels. Always knocking them out of the park Kevin!!!

Dammit - now I have even more Kevin King floating around inside my head as to what to do on a cue case........

I'm floating around in your head? Let see the case man!

KK

Conceptually that is an amazing wallet. I really like how you layered different leathers to create detail. How did you decide on the subject matter? Also, I think the addition of a Japanese style fabric print on the interior really pulls the whole piece together.